Why Only Sunday Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Only Sunday Games?

Working weekends are a pain in the ar*e. Why are all games at EVERY site I find on Sundays?

I'm still having to use a 2 tone gun because I get about 2 Sundays off a year, so cant get a defence.

If anyone could direct me to a skirmish site in the vicinity of Southampton that does weekday games it would be much appreciated.

Re: Why Only Sunday Games?

UCAP used to have weeknight games in the Tunnels under the hills near Portsmouth.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I'm guessing it's because most folk who run sites have day jobs too so are working all week.
      "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
      George Carlin

Comment

As BigAl suggested, UCAP Bunker does regular Wednesday evening games under Fort Southwick on Portsdown Hill.

Comment

if you can travel the 50 miles to Aldershot, Ambush adventures has wed night games at the Billet
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by Danowest View Post
            Working weekends are a pain in the ar*e. Why are all games at EVERY site I find on Sundays?
            like has been mentioned, most site-owners/marshals have week-days jobs - 'cause it's their hobby too

I'm still having to use a 2 tone gun because I get about 2 Sundays off a year, so cant get a defence.
            You appear to be referring to UKARA which is not the only form of defence, just most convenient. Additionally if you don't have the time to play very often why does it matter your gun is two tone ?

If anyone could direct me to a skirmish site in the vicinity of Southampton that does weekday games it would be much appreciated.
            You're best bet is trying to find paintball sites who also run airsoft and arrange a weekday private event with friends, because unfortunately (in the UK maybe?) it's near impossible to fund an airsoft field seven days a week, whether it's through funding for grounds/staff or simply a time committing for what would generally be a worse daily turn out than laser quest.

Comment

The mall run thursday nights in reading if that helps at all.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

The problem with running midweek games outdoors is that they need to finish by about 21:00 or so. To make the evening worthwhile, this means starting at about 18:00 which, in turn, means that players would have to arrive before 17:30 for the chrono and safety brief which, in turn, means that the marshals would need to be there by about 17:00.

In the winter, the situation becomes even more ridiculous.

Therefore, midweek games are only really possible indoors and, even then, marshals need to arrive at a time that is difficult to achieve.

Comment

yup, at the mall we (marshals) try to be onsite for 4-5pm, which is un-achievable for many people. but the night finishes at 11pm after a 6pm start. so that bit is just about okay for most players.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

At my local, the adult games are only on Sunday (Kids 15+ are allowed to join but I seen younger). Really wish there could be a other day for adults too since I find one game of Airsoft isn't really enough, though I guess it's good for my bank since the price per session is huge. lol

Kids are on Saturday, but I don't fancy shooting little kids.

It's a shame that Airsoft is treated so commercially and doesn't have any club feel that my Kendo and our clubs around the country have.
                    sigpic

Comment

"It's a shame that Airsoft is treated so commercially..."

I seriously doubt that any site owner is getting rich from airsoft. By the time they have paid for the hire of the site, insurance, power, toilet facilities, site maintenance etc, I am always amazed that a day of airsoft is so cheap.

"...and doesn't have any club feel that my Kendo and our clubs around the country have."

I know a couple of sites that have something of a club feel; however, the difference between an airsoft site and a Kendo is that the latter tends to have a fairly fixed membership with some transience, whereas a fairly large proportion of the attendees at any airsoft site on a particular day will be transient.

Comment

We run games 7 day a week with enough players, Airsoft is our full time profession which is why being told you're £5 more expensive than Harry Hobby site is annoying, we have a lease, pay VAT (20% of your game fee to the VAT man) pay corporation tax and every other tax liability. We can't hide behind our regular job and just pocket piles of cash. As for treating it commercially, yes it's a business………

Anyway, we run games every Wednesday evening 7-10.30ish at the Bunker in Portsmouth, with 18 players you can private hire the bunker for yourself any day of the week.

Andy UCAP

Comment

The idea that anyone running a site is pocketing "piles of cash" is somewhat bizarre. However, for anyone looking for an intense CQB experience on the south coast, I would highly recommend the Bunker.

Comment

The guys at the bunker manage to fit a lot of game time into that evening. I've come back more knackered through an evening there then a whole sundays game so in my eyes it's definitely worth it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Danowest Airsoft n00b Find out more about Danowest
                            Working...
                            X