Am I being unreasonable here buyer / seller problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I being unreasonable here buyer / seller problems

I just want to see if other people thin I am in the right or wrong / how to proceed.

I have started a paypal claim already.

The item is not bought from here but is airsoft related - I wont disclose the name of the seller - he is on here.

I have recently bought a new rif - TM SCAR H TO be exact.

Original advert show this to have a broken stock button.
    I cannot remember the date I originally saw this for sale, but not to long ago...

after speaking too him he advises the stock button is now fixed.
    (in the paypal claim I mistakenly put say he said the first conversation it is broke, the next day it is fixed - I got confused with the original ad)

I ask him to send a vid of the gun working - he send - money then sent ( I didn't ask for a vid of the stock button.

Item received - first thing I try is that button, press it, bits fall out, stock does not stay fixed.
    notice the main body pin keeps wanting to fall out due to gravity.

contact the seller, button was perfect when he sent it, pin never fallen out etc etc

Im now starting to get worried, put a battery in , it fires - haven't test fired it, but starting to think I should have it once overed by a local tech..

I ask for the money for a new button and postage, he declines, again says was perfect.

ive start a paypal claim for £25 - button and get a new pin made for the front via CNC machine.

he messages, we go around in circle -it was perfect when sent / broken when received.

I have told him by contract is with the seller - he will need to talk to the courier to get the money back from them if this was damaged in transit.
    im getting quite bored saying the same thing over and over ( I even am writing this message).
    As it left him in perfect condition he believe I should just buy a new button etc etc.

I believe the item is not sold as described - I want payment for the bits that are not as described.

Should he pay up / I drop the case?!

cheers
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: Am I being unreasonable here buyer / seller problems

If you can verify that its no good when you received it, then it's either him or the courier who is to blame, and you are right that it's down to him to sort that out.

As for your concern about being reasonable: Is the counter position, i.e. "the goods aren't as described, but you should just suck it up" any more reasonable? £25 to make remedy is plenty reasonable.

I know how it is though, after dealing with a numpty for a certain amount of time you start to doubt yourself. But you are fine, carry on.

Comment

hey all im trying to sell a few of my old guns, I say old some have never been skirmishsed but besides the point, my question is, is it a good idea for me to video my guns when selling, and how else can I go about showing my guns are in good order for proof before I send, feel it protects me as a seller and also provides good proof of gun?

Comment

Hi Lewis, this could have reasonably been a thread of its own IMO, as putting your question here may result in people who could have relevant input not seeing it, but I'm here so I'll give you my 2 cents if it helps you any.

Video of it functioning can't hurt if you don't mind doing the extra work. Likewise its worth taking close up pictures, particularly of tiny little scratches, missing screws or imperfections, so that they are documented and in the description before someone chooses to buy.

Unfortunately you do hear stories of buyers trying to get refunds/fees reversed because they find tiny little flaws that any sane person would consider coming under the description "skirmish marks".

Seeing your recent join date and lack of feedback is going to count against you, so you will want to go the extra mile for verification. Details of the site you play at can be good, as buyers can see about getting someone there to vouch for you if they are in any doubt, and offering to do extra pictures with random household items can help too, basically furnishing as much verifiable details to prove your bona-fides is going to help prove you are one of the good guys. Everyone here had to make their first sale and get their first feedback!

Comment

sorry should have started new feed, and thank you , yeah that seems to be the response im getting a lot, proof is everything , ok well thanks again :-)

Comment

I have been considering doing videos in my forsale threads, i guess you would still have to do the username date thing for a video too though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
            Working...
            X