ASG LMT Defender CQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG LMT Defender CQC

Hello, I'm considering purchasing the CQC version of the ASG made LMT Defender. However I can't find any reviews or much information online about it, other than from the store pages where it's sold. I guess it's not a particularly popular AEG.

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on It?

Here's a link to the manufacturer's page: http://www.actionsportgames.com/prod...d=17529@@SHOP1

Re: ASG LMT Defender CQC

any particular reason why you have decided on this make and model?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I'm going for a British AFO style loadout and don't fancy using an MP5 or G36. The LMT Defender is currently used by some UK police forces, and the MET will be swapping over to it soon as well.

I play primarily at a CQB site, hence opting for the CQC variant.

Comment

Look up reviews for the Proline Defender R.I.S or the Proline Armalite M15A4 Carbine by ASG.

Both are the same as the Defender CQC from the receiver backwards.

They are OEM'd by Lonex, very good quality. My Defender R.I.S has been my go-to gun for some time now.

Comment

Thanks, will have a look

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird_666 View Post
            Look up reviews for the Proline Defender R.I.S or the Proline Armalite M15A4 Carbine by ASG.

Both are the same as the Defender CQC from the receiver backwards.

They are OEM'd by Lonex, very good quality. My Defender R.I.S has been my go-to gun for some time now.
            Had a look at some reviews and it confirmed this is a good'un.

Question regarding batteries. What battery connector does it use? I'm considering going the lipo route, but I'm not sure if this aeg has sufficient wiring/connectors for it. Would I need to install a MOSFET and upgrade wiring+connectors to deans?

Comment

They are fitted with mini Tamiyas out of the box.

It runs fine on a 7.4v LiPo as-is, which is what I run in the buffer tube, I haven't bothered with a MOSFET or changing the wiring/connectors.

The stock motor is OK, it seems to be wound for the slightly higher voltage of a 9.6v NiMH pack so ROF is decent but lacking a little torque. I have an SHS high torque fitted on mine for improved semi auto response as that's all that matters for me (a Lonex A2 is just as good).

Have been toying with the idea of a BTC Chimera or something, but the gun works so damned well for me that I don't want to crack open the Gear Box unless I really have to.

Indeed I like the gun so much I was going to buy another as spare, but I got a good deal on a Lonex/BO Dynamics LT595 which comes from the same factory and its got a few nice bits like a tightbore as standard.

Comment

ASG LMT Defender CQC

Alright, thanks. I was only concerned as a lot of airsoft websites mention MOSFET + Deans as a necessity when using LiPo. Apparently without them you can ruin your trigger?

What Discharge rate and capacity battery do you use? In fact, would you recommend a LiPo or just sticking with NiMh?

Comment

Unless you are intending to run an 11.1v lipo I don't think you need to worry about the switch for some time. It may wear out eventually, however its fairly cheap to replace and you can add a MOSFET at the same time if you wish. Until then, leave the gearbox well alone unless you are supremely confident in your teching abilities.

I have a few different batteries: WE Europe 7.4v 1450 mah 25c , Vapex 7.4v 1300mah 20c and I've got some Turnigy Nano Tech 1200mah 25-50c jobbies on their way to test out.

I wouldnt go back to using NiMHs now, Ive been using LiPos for years (RC planes and helis before airsoft) and much prefer them.

Comment

Alright, thanks, I'll pick up a 7.4v 25c LiPo on a small Tamiya connection to go with the AEG. Thanks for your help.

Comment

As above, if your running a 7.4 lipo you will be fine without a fet. 11.1 lipo is a different story.

Comment

If I were to go down the 11.1v route, would it just be a MOSFET that I'd require, or would I need other mods?

Comment

Depends on the other parts in your gearbox. Given that it's lonex you should be OK with a fet. The lonex gearboxes are one of the few I've seen that come with aoe fixed as stock.

Comment

Alright. Might go down that route if a 11.1v will give a marked improvement in performance over a 7.4v

Comment

I wouldn't run it on an 11.1v. At least, not to start with.

Don't get me wrong, it's got a lovely gearbox, but you can end up in a world of ball ache if you start taking it to bits or muck around with the wiring if you are not 100% confident.

Leave the Gearbox alone, replace the motor with something with more grunt and run it on 7.4v. You'll get solid, reliable performance.

I have owned many guns over the years including stupidly expensive VFCs and G&Ps, yet they have all come and gone and my ASG Proline is still in my bag, ready to go.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

klaus Find out more about klaus
                              Working...
                              X