Question AK-47?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question AK-47?

Hey, I know a lot of people in this forum have a fair bit of experience with real firearms so it seems right to ask this question here. What effect/impact would a 7.62×39mm round shot from an AK-47 have on someones head, if shot at very close range (2.0m)? Thanks

Cheers,
    Ryan
    Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Re: Question AK-47???

They would be killed.

What kind of question is that?!? What do you expect to happen. If your looking for more information, i suggest you Google it or go to Live Leak.
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Obviously they would be killed. The larger 7.62×39mm would probably go straight through the person's head and would not create as much of a "splat". One of the reasons the Russians switched to a smaller round for the AK 74 series and onwards was because they found that the 7.62×39mm round was going straight through people and thus reducing the rifle's stopping power. Nowadays the 7.62×39mm round is usually only used with the AK-103 for urban and close quarters engagements by some police and special forces units because of the 7.62×39mm round's potential to penetrate things like walls and doors easily.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Although at very close ranges like sub one meter, powerful rounds like this can cause more of an explosion on impact I believe. Happened a lot during WW1 when they executed horses and held the pistols too close to the heads, causing them to explode.
        For sale:

-Splitting M4
        -MP5 Parts
        -MP7a1
        -M9 Magazine

Comment

This is obviously because you've come into contact with the "the events in Paris have been faked" conspiracy theory. That video isn't faked, bullets don't work like they do in films, at that sort of range its like hitting someone with a high velocity icepick, it'll go straight through and not take much with it.

Comment

Thanks for everyones responses
            Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Re: Question AK-47?

But what happens if they are shot at a zombie through a glass window?

Comment

This is a question I feel comfortable answering, as I'm currently doing a Masters degree for forensic ballistics at the Shrivenham MOD base and part of it entails wound ballistics.

As said above, it's very likely to just pass straight through. The exit wound is always bigger than the entry wound, but at such close range I doubt there'd be much of a 'head explosion' as such.

Comment

But is it true that there is a place in a man's head where if you shoot it it will blow up??

Comment

Where's the dislike button ffs.
                    Want to know what happens, google Michael Ryan Hungerford, seriously I'm disappointed that people feel the need to entertain stupid questions like that posted by the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjolnir View Post
                      This is obviously because you've come into contact with the "the events in Paris have been faked" conspiracy theory
                      I would guess the same. The video does look odd. The ricochet looks misplaced (very possibly the camera angle and trajectory deflection), and a certain comment made on a BBC report was very odd to say the least.

I never buy in to conspiracy theories. 'False flag' theories always have enough substance about them to make people question everything they read and see, and so we should, but that's not to say the various world governments are always behind the curtain with a smoking gun.

Comment

I have better things to do with my time than to question the effects that a high calibre rifle round would have passing through the head of an executed policeman to be honest...
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan2T69 Find out more about Ryan2T69
                        Working...
                        X