Airsoft Gun Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Gun Cabinet

Right i have just completed my GCSE project for D.T and i was making a airsoft gun cabinet. It has been made from oak veneer and joined mostly using dowel joints. I am now in the stage of evaluating and testing the product. So i am i need of some feedback for the product. If you could leave some feedback it would be great i currently do not have any pics of the product with guns in but will do by the weekend.

Toby Samuels

Re: Airsoft Gun Cabinet

dowel joints are not the strongest, If they were supported with knock down fixings such as captive nuts or cam fittings etc it would add to the security of the product.

There isn't much else that can be said without seeing the product

Comment

As said dowels aint the strongest buddy, best bet is to fire a few screws in there if looks aint what your mainly going for.
      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
      Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

looks pretty good. BUT, i have to ask, is it wall mounted (with the gun rack bit fixed to the wall, and the door opening from there?) or is it free fixture (i.e move it where you want it, floor etc) in which case when its open + with the weight of the guns in the open door, wont that make it topple over?
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 27 April, 2010, 15:41.

Comment

Here is a new link to the pics

The rack part which holds the guns is attached to the box structure and then the door opens of structure.

Toby

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Comment

Looks very good. Looks like it has been put together pretty well, much better than my 2 hour chipboard jobby! (but mines in the garage to keep out of the way of my kids)

My only issue would be the use of the dowels. Given the weight of the door and the weight of the gun support structure dowels may not have the umph to hold them. I appreciate the door is attatched to the back with some nice big hinges, however the dowels which may ro may not hold the gun rack bit may not be up to the job. However that said it does look damn fine.
            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

if you look at the bottom of the door there is a stopper which supports the door.

Toby

Comment

Its highly unlikely you will get marked down for the use of dowels, overall looks very good mate hope you get a good grade.

(Did product design for GCSE)

Comment

This looks very good and I am really impressed. I think you'll score quite well and I am even tempted to place an order with you!
                  sigpic
                  http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

looks real nice fella. i'm just in the process of fitting an airsoft cupboard in my den (spare room).

i'm afraid you've made a glaring error tho.....there's only space for 4 guns!!!
                    you'll have to make another one, or two!! :D
                    h e y d r i c h
                    L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

During the manufacture i wasn't sure weather to make it any bigger but then remembered that i was making it to fit in my room. So i may end up making another one in the summer mark2 which will be bigger and better, dedicated storage for accessories.

If anyone likes the cabinet that i have built and may be interested in me making them one please feel free to pm me and we can discuss further.

Toby

Comment

Looks good, just when it comes to using it (after its been looked at by the exam board) Put some screws and/or corner brackets on the inside to keep the wood from warping due to the weight and pressures of your gear.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tintin102 Find out more about tintin102
                        Working...
                        X