Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning & Maintenance

Afternoon guys,

Relatively new to owning, I've played for 2 years but not owned a gun as long so I was after some advice and peoples opinions.
    How often do you maintain your rifles, AEG specifically, cos I'd imagine gas being more frequent.

What do you actually do? Part strip down and clean some internals? etc

Cheers

Re: Cleaning & Maintenance

Being 100% honest, i just clean the barrels out after a game using a piece of cloth and a cleaning rod.

As far as the rest goes, i just take it to my local PTW tech to service. Got zero knowledge of the inside of the thing and no time or inclination to become better aquianted. Just like the plumbing in my house, rather let an expert look at it.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

In terms of between games. I make sure I have fired a final shot on semi to ensure that the spring isn't left compressed, and clean the barrel. If its a gun I'm not going to use again for a while I make sure I turn the hop all the way down so that the hop rubber doesn't harden up with a lump in it.

In terms of gearbox maintenance, I'd actually be interested to hear what other people have to say about how regularly they re-grease. Until just recently I've been running second hand guns that tend to either break or require upgrading, so I've cleaned and re-lubricated while doing other jobs. Specifically opening a gearbox just for regular maintenance hasn't yet come up, but I'm now running more expensive and reliable guns that I've not yet had to open for any other reason.

Comment

Yeah I do the normal wipe down but that is it!!

With me getting a brand new gun and it costing a fair bit I just wanted to try what I could to look after the thing. I have heard people mention cleaning the barrel and re-greasing but I wasn't sure if you can or should go further.

Comment

With a brand new I would just clean out the barrel after every game, greasing is for movig parts e.g handgun slides.
          For Sale
          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

As above raelly ,barrel clean wipe down the outside but I don't go into the gearbox unless the power drops off or something brakes ,in the real world there's a quote I like "more gun's have been worn out by cleaning and maintenance than by use in the field" .

Comment

I service my AEGs (normally) once a year. If they see a lot of use I'll maybe do it every six months. Providing you use decent grease and silicone oil where they are respectively needed, I've never seen a gun which needs more than this. Gas blowback replicas require a fair bit of care, so I normally do pistols every 3 game days, and my GBBR every time I use it. I enjoy doing it, so sometimes i'll strip and clean a gun at random if I'm feeling bored.

Just a word of caution: Don't work on your guns the night before a game day; especially if you're new to disassembling ect. You don't want to take a gun to bits, and break a part in the process leaving you with nothing the next day. Always do your tinkering when you have lots of time, and work in a clean space.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckNorris56 View Post
                Just a word of caution: Don't work on your guns the night before a game day; especially if you're new to disassembling ect. You don't want to take a gun to bits, and break a part in the process leaving you with nothing the next day. Always do your tinkering when you have lots of time, and work in a clean space.
                Another quote to add to the required reading of every new airsofter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckNorris56 View Post

and neo magnets lots of neo magnets and poundland multi part storage boxes and lots of ziplock bags and a large tea towel or cloth bag to wrap the gear box on ween opening it

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CharlieRomeo85 Find out more about CharlieRomeo85
                  Working...
                  X