How do you join a airsoft team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you join a airsoft team?

Hi, I am new to airsoft and just about to buy a new gun, I'm just wondering how do you go about joining a team ?
    If not a team where do I go to shoot it and use it with other people?

Thanks

Re: How do you join a airsoft team?

well first thing you could do is introduce yourself on this forum,
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisp...-Introductions
    then you can find people in your local area and become acquainted with them, or do what I did just turn up at my local site and make friends there
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

have a look on this map, see where's closest, book in for a game day. turn up, make friends, shoot them, have a laugh.

http://www.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I was meaning more of how do you join a proper team that play regular, not just turn up at a site and shoot people lol, .... or is that what people do? spend ££££ on guns to turn up to a one day game and shoot a few people ...

Comment

get some mates in on it, all the people i play with (bar one) i've met on site, not part of a team myself, but have most definitely spent ££££ on guns!

i don't fit too well with the whole team dynamic, we just go along, do our thing and have a laugh. i can't even remember the last time i wore camo
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Just go find your local sites and play as said. You may find a preference in site, then you may find a team you want to be part of if they will accept you.

Comment

Hire your gun first, play the obligatory UKARA registration games, decide if you like the sport enough to invest a few hundred quid before you get a gun.

Comment

Give us some idea where you're located and someone will probably, not only tell you the best local site, but also invite you to go there, not only helping you into the sport, but giving you an aquaintance for your first visit, and that way you'll very quickly get to know lots of players, and you can take it from there..
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Dont be in a rush to join a team, experience tells me that a team that throws its doors open to just about anybody isnt really a team, just an enthusiastic bunch of wannabee's.
                  Sorry if that sounds snobby, its not meant to be, picture this, you play at your "local" a couple of times & see theres a "team" who welcome you with open arms at your first enquiry, you play a couple of games with them, home or maybe even away, only to find that their:
                  A. Not very good
                  B. Cheats
                  C. A bunch of arrogant non hit taking troublemakers, with no particular skills or attributes, who have a bad reputation at some sites, maybe even banned from some sites, & you get tarred with the same brush, guilty merely by associaton.
                  D. ALL OFF THE ABOVE.

You may then decide their not the team for you & want to leave, but your "local", maybe a fairly good site, & is also their home/local site, possibly leaving you feel slightly awkward at the very least, worse case is they then display animosity towards you for turning their backs on them ?
                  (sound unlikely ?, look at football clubs when a player joins a rival club & is then abused every time the teams meet, people can really be that childish).

My advice is start playing locally, get your vcra defense & decide if this is a sport for you & what kind of gameplay & site you enjoy.
                  You'll get the chance to scope out local teams, maybe dig around & find out their style of play & reputation, & if after a while if your still keen you could enquire as to what their criteria is for membership, you may even find they make an approach to you (if your any good ?), & offer you a spot.
                  (thats what happened to me but back then I was an airsoft god, as well as a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus, of course they wanted me lol)

Hope that helps.
                  Mark

Comment

If you want a propper team, you usually have to obide by dress codes, and wear unif patches etc..
                    You sure you want to do that?
                    Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

All depends on what you want from joining a team, there are many different teams set up for many different reason and styles of play.
                      Some teams are there so that they play together working as a military unit would be with tactics etc dressing and using specific kit for a specific image whereas at the other extreme other teams may just be good friends that play together but not into hardcore tactics so more of a social side to it just enjoy getting together and having fun.

When I started throwing plastic I did what others said above went to my local site and got to know the players there, getting experience from them about kit, guns amongst other things, later on was pointed in the direction of the team I'm with now and looked into what was their overall aims, what they were about and felt that it was something that I would enjoy after which I went through the 'recruitment' stage which gauges if you are of the same mind of who you are tying to join after all like what has been said would you want someone who could ruin your teams reputation by doing something stupid joining so am wary of teams that welcome people in a heartbeat without any vetting.
                      I'm not one of these hardcore milsim players and still want the 'fun' element to be part of the game but also really enjoy the social side which maybe nothing to do with airsoft so think of it more as an extended family.

In line with what others say 'try before you buy' as some teams that would take you on in a heartbeat may not be the right one for you and may not play the way that you like which then could ruin the feel of the sport for you.

Worst case is if you can't find a team that you like the sound of then look at speaking to other regulars at your site and look at setting up your own team for your style of play.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am lucky enough to have started up with friends, so instant team, we don't use comms, we don't wear camo, and we don't care who wins. It's just a bloody good laugh.

It's a very sociable sport so it won't take you long to find some people who share more than one interest with you and soon become friends.I have met some great people whilst playing over the last 7 or so years.

That's coming from a person who suffers with social anxiety disorder.

Comment

Most players are not part of a team; they do just turn up and play at a site or sites. As others have said, get yourself along to a local site, meet up with some other players and, over time, you will work out those that you get along best with and work best with. Then, maybe, become part of a team.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jayjaymozza Find out more about jayjaymozza
                          Working...
                          X