7.4 lipo battery mah rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.4 lipo battery mah rating

Hi , just looking for a little bit of information , I've got a g&g cm18 mod1 rifle which I have 8.4v 1600mah batteries , The rifle is standard as it came out of the box and I'm looking to get a couple of lipo batteries and a charger for it , am I right in thinking that I can use any mah rating (thinking of 2200 or 2600 mah) or is it only up to certain ratings , I don't want to damage the rifle and I'm not 100% sure as im pretty new to the hobby :-)

Re: 7.4 lipo battery mah rating

Mah is the capacity. The higher the mah the longer it will last you. With lipo, there is a C rating. This is the discharge rate, the higher the C rating, the ore power the gun can draw IF NEEDED. A high C rating isn't going to blow your gun up, it simply means that you won't pull too much power and damage the battery. I run my stubby with 30c batteries and there's no problems.

Comment

Cheers , I'll order myself a couple

Comment

I was terrified of the things after reading some horror stories, but they're fine if you care for them properly, which isn't THAT hard! I can recommend the iMax B6 charger. It has a raft of functions including balancing and storage modes. Another essential is Deans connectors, ditch the Tamiya, they suck like hoover!

Comment

Thanks for the replies , are deans connectors a lot better than the tamiya ones ? Not to confident in my soldering skills to be honest , I've just tried a friends 7.4v 2600 in my crane stock and it was a bit of a tight fit with the stock fully closed , probably need to get something a bit smaller

Comment

deans are better, but at this point tamiyas are fine.

Beware of cloned B6 chargers... as these ARE dangerous.
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Most people don't fully collapse their stocks with batteries fitted.

Tamiya connectors are easily broken, become loose after a short time and are terrible conductors! Deans Ultra T plugs or XT60's are much lower resistance, so they deliver the juice your rifle needs while stating cool. I've seen Tamiyas melt in high demand guns but when they were replaced with Deans they ran perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                deans are better, but at this point tamiyas are fine.

Beware of cloned B6 chargers... as these ARE dangerous.
                Yes! The genuine ones have a scratch off panel with a serial number you can check on their site. Same goes for the legit clones of the B6 made by Turnigy etc, they all have inferior copies kicking around.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mintsauce5 Find out more about Mintsauce5
                Working...
                X