new G&G gr-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new G&G gr-16

Hey guys, just wondered if you have seen/ used the new G&G gr-16 (clear plastic). it has a toptech blowback gearbox and the new gr-16 although a clear plastic version is not of the "combat machine" type.
    Wanted to get one because of its neat price tag of 130, and for a proper G&G thats good.

wondered if A, its actually any good or the sellers are just saying its good coz its a G&G weapon.
    and B, would it take a metal body. i know not all bodies will fit the weapon, what i mean is, does the top-tech blow back gearbox need a special type of receiver to house it.

Thanks
    Coldfire.

Re: new G&G gr-16

There are 2 big differences in the G&G rifles now.

They have a 2 series variation of what I have seen termed the "affordable series" and the "professional series". The GR-16's are in both, but it depends which type you get.

The one you speak of is one from the "affordable series". So yes, they have cut some corners with it (e.g. slightly worse gearboxes & plastic bodies), and it isn't a "proper" G&G, but one of the ""combat machine" type[s]".

mj23lj
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Re: new G&G gr-16

You really shouldn't consider putting a metal body on what is effectively a 2tone gun. As the policewould see this a manufacture of a RIF. And that would only give them another excuse to try and get a full ban on airsoft.

And IF's are made to STAY as IF's. Those were the conditions set out by the law in the writing of the VCRA.

So. do you want to save up, and wait to get registered? (I don't know if you are, Coldfire). Or do you want to risk 5 years at Her Majesty's pleasure for manufacturing a RIF?

I know what I'd choose.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

coldf1re Find out more about coldf1re
      Working...
      X