New airsoft site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New airsoft site!

hey, me and my friend have to make our very own imaginary airsoft site in Swindon as part of our business studies coursework.. Any ideas or tips for us please? Do you think this would be a good idea and why?

Thanks

Re: New airsoft site!!!

hmm is this gsce or as coursework?

and no i tried this and because of the way the coursework is framed and the mark scheem it was difficult to get everything to fit so i dropped the idea. it would be much easier to do something simple and generic (window cleaning or car valeting)

regards

jack
    Armoury:
    ICS M4a1 silenced custom, ICS L85A2, Warrior MB07 snipers rifle, Galaxy MP7, Double Eagle M56DL, TM Glock 17

Your God Is Dead..... I Just Killed Him

Comment

Re: New airsoft site!!!

well its courswoek, as we have no exam for business studies. I just wanted to be abit more different form everyone elses ideas :P thanks

Nathan

Comment

Re: New airsoft site!

What subjects do you need to cover in this coursework?

Comment

I've done Business for GCSE, A-Level and just finished my Degree in it :D

It's a good idea for a project certainly. You have easy access to a lot of the information you need to make some really good cashflow and balance sheets. Unlike when somebody does "Milkshake Bar" or similar, and have really trouble finding out facts and figures about shop rent, council rates etc. Plus also, insider knowledge is a god send!

All the marks are for how you present the idea & the figures, not the idea itself remember. You can look on the various woodlands for sale websites to find a "potential plot". You can also get prices for sandbags, construction materials, oil drums etc online with relative ease. You can identify local sites and take pictures as "market research" and their costings/what they offer and weekly turnout. There is the vast online community here, which means if you get a decent (short) questionnaire up, you could get 50+ responses.

Remember you'll score extra marks for a decent "exit strategy". So the "plan" if things don't work out. I'd suggest you sell the woods (pays back the bank loan - So say you'll finance the woodland through the bank, 25% deposit for woods & and £2,500 of family savings for the landscaping). Extra marks also for future consideration. So give a page or more (if you have the word limit to spare) to what you'd also like to do. Things like evening skirmishes, private hire days etc. Even if the idea is not viable in real life, you can just suggest that is what people want anyway :D

Oh and don't forget, proper figures again!!! How much you looking to take (Worst, Medium & High forecasts). How much money you making (after taxes) and how much is left after paying back the mortgage for the woods etc!!

Best of luck

Comment

Jag, are there extra marks for the marketing side of things?

If so, the "green" element of the business may be worth pursuing. Biodegradable BBs, tree planting, sustainable sources for building materials.
            sigpic

Comment

Not directly but....

As part of the PEST analysis, you could cite a growing "environmental conciousness" as a Social issue to consider (and address it in the ways RockinRobin has said). Also throw in the "credit crunch". Find ways of keeping your site walkon fee reasonable.

Comment

thanks for the very detailed advice, it looks like this'll work after all :P we will post a questionnaire on here

Thanks again

Nathan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NathanJ Find out more about NathanJ
                Working...
                X