Post Apocalypse games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Apocalypse games

Been looking into PA games and the only ones i've found are LARP games with airsoft guns alloed on seriously low ammo limits (about 10 rounds for the weekend) or nerf guns.

So in the abscence of any reoccuring PA games in Essex i'm thinking of running a regular Post Apocalyptic game, starting as a day event and if popular being a full weekend event.

Is this somthing anyone would be interessted in? There would be ofcourse ammo limits, and dress code, probaly even have foam lead pipes and other melee weapons (but no orc axes or elven knives!!) as it would be say 150rounds for the day.

I know the owners of Airsoft plantation rather well so i'll probely start there.

Any thoughts or accusations are welcome.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Re: Post Apocalypse games

My sit's done a DayZ Milsim, it was fantastic foam weapons, weapons and Ammo had to be found etc
    This is my account on how I survived

Might give you some ideas would love to do another or so sing like it.

http://youtu.be/5wQYezizQnA

Comment

Got abit of a game idea going, and a couple of games, plus bonus objectives throughout the day, need to run it by the site owner to see wether he'll let me run it and how.

Also looked into foam "lead pipes" and baseball bats as i'd rather people not attack each other with plastic knives as someone will complain, but they start at about £50 each, so im going to see if i can get a bulk discount

L

Comment

having done a "stalker" style game (15 people, hunter team of 4) and giving all the soloers 50rds for the 6hrs, there wasn't any ammunition at all left after 2hrs and all of us ended up using the rubber knives on a mass attack on the hunters to end them as a threat for a period of time, we all came back and loaded I think 150-200rds for the last few hours and most of us had a handful left at the end, I'd recommend maybe giving out around 3-500 as this is airsoft, and our guns are inherently inaccurate and underpowered.

Comment

Well your site made all the weapons from foam we had all the classic dayZ weapons, from pipes to fire axes. No idea what the costs where etc.
          As for guns, you had to find the tokens for guns and then make it safely back to the safe to register it, also had to find ammo etc in game.

There loads of ways to do it but it takes a lot of time and patiance. Our sites main guys were in this for months.

Comment

Bit of a late reply but I feel its relevant if the OP is still keeping tabs on this. Myself and a friend tried running a few different themes games to see how the players reacted and what mechanics worked etc. what we found was very simple. Airsoft players want to shoot their guns. There's not many of them that willing to play the limited ammo rules. So you are left with a small section of players that want to do this. Now our biggest problem came because we were loosing money on running games. After buying props and site rental we would walk away short of breaking even. Putting the price up was not an option because how many players will pay £30/£40 for a game where they might get shoot 100 BB's max ? This leaves you with LARP players mostly who already have a big selection of games to choose from. Maybe we were just in the wrong area for the player base, maybe we were looking at the wrong ideas for games, but we ended up calling a day on it due to the money issue. Thing is, the players that did turn up, loved it. Good luck to you buddy, hope it works for you and get more numbers than we did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up four leaf, i thought that would be the way it would go, but it can only realy work in my mind with limited numbers, and i would try to appeal to the LARP comunity aswell as they would proberly enjoy the limited ammo.

Can't remember if i said this but i got some game ideas and am going to speak to the site owner in the week and see what happens

L.

Comment

Go for it fella, as I say maybe we were in the wrong part of the country or just not near enough players. With the LARPers, alot of them dont like airsoft. the eyepro annoys them as it gets in the way of costume and they will happily use Nerf guns as the whole point of what they do is pretend, so have a big piece of orange plastic is fine by them, because a gun is a gun. Plus they are cheap as chips, can be bought from any toy shop and if they paint them up, some of them look quite good.

I'm convinced there's a good market for that type of airsoft game, the trick is finding the right mix of location, game type and customers.
                It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

I agree with you there, so far i've found two PA LARPs one in Hampshire that uses a lot of £20 spring shottys and rusty glocks, and one in leister....i think tats how you spell it....that uses nerf guns (and played by a lot of uni students) i've been in contact with the organisers of the former and they've stated that there games have about 20rnds per person and mainly want people attacking each other with £200 custom made foam lead pipes which wont appeal to the airsofters.....

L.

Comment

Yeah some the LARP weapons look amazing, but for the price of a LARP baseball bat or pipe wrench I could buy a nice rifle :D

Comment

Where were you hosting these games, Four Leaf?

Comment

We were using The Manor site in Warrington. It was being used by the Zed Event guys but it's been scheduled for demolition now so we're all out of a site sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And they say the same thing the other way round, literaly had a guy ask for a 1911, i offerd him mine for £80. Two tone, he said thats ridiculous as his ppk only cost him £25 (it was a springer i have to add) and on another thread he offerd a guy £100 for a rusty dagger.

But i must admit i've seen some custom stuff from germany that looks the nuts, the equivelent of a fully trademarked full metal GBB rifle,

Shame about the manor, been meaning to go there.

L.

Comment

I hope it all works out for you as it sounds like a brilliant idea
                            Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

I played a zombie airsoft game at the Manor (as the cops), and it was one of the best days airsofting I have ever had.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeCDC Long days and pleasant nights Find out more about LukeCDC
                              Working...
                              X