Does anyone own KA metal bodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone own KA metal bodies?

Evening everyone, I was looking at the KA metal body for armalites, looks great and cool features - makes me want to get one.

So I'm asking, what's the quality like and is it worth the price?

Cheers in advance.

Edit - King Arms, just shorten it to KA for ease for those who ask.
    Last edited by TheLazyMarksman; 1 May, 2010, 23:01.

Re: Does anyone own KA metal bodies?

Yes, king arms stuff is great build quality

I built an m4 with a KA metal body and it was very nice
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

I own two and I would never buy another one unless I really really really wanted the trade marks which it had.
      Because of the bolt catch they are very difficult to front wire with any quality wire.
      The first KA body I got was an older one with full laser engraved trades and IMO the laser engraving isn't any where near as nice as G&Ps engraving, It's very shallow and combined with that the paint finish isn't any where as durable as G&P either.
      The second KA body is a newer R.P.D. one with cast colt trades and a laser engraved R.P.D. logo and the laser engraving is a lot better than the older one and the paint is more durable but the down side of the more durable paint is that it is quite thick meaning that once you get a gearbox and cocking handle in there you find that it doesn't fit together any more and you need to break out the files.
      The laser engraving on the newer ones still isn't up to the standard of G&P either.

Personally I'd go with G&P as I also own two G&P bodies and they have both gone together with no trouble what so ever.

Comment

Cheers Evansy, I was looking at G&P bodies, I quite like the full metal jacket marks on it...

Comment

personally HurricanE receivers are my number 1 choice, probably the best yo can find but quite expensive
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
          Working...
          X