• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures of YOU on the field

Epic day at Cerberus with the VSR

Comment

Originally posted by JCheeseright View Post
      No need with that beard, it's absolutely howling!
      No need for jealousy.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
        Some class piss taking here guys, it may be some time before we see any pixelated face on here again, though I was hoping one of the culprits would come on and defend it, or at least tell us why they do it..
        Don't get me started on the pixelated or blacked out faces, I think these people are taking airsoft a tad too seriously. What is your average airsofter? I'd say its either an serving/Ex forces guy, Someone who always wanted to be in the forces or someone who just fancies a bit of combat with their mates a bit like when they played army as kids.
        The pixelated faces people are soo far up their own backsides its unreal, In my opinion anyway. They are people who want to role play, Not airsoft.. They spend more time having their pics taken than actually playing, And even when they do play they have an imaginary force field around them that stops them being hit.

Comment

I remember seeing a post of a picture from some kid that had blurred his face out in it and then his avatar was a close up 'selfie' of his face anyway! really dont see the point in going to the trouble of doing it.
          sigpic

Comment

Does it matter chaps? Surely someone is fine to do whatever they want to a photo of themselves regardless as to whether there is a point or not. Is there any point in people running around with communication stickers on their stocks? Fake radios and massive antennas sticking out? Fake IR strobes on the their lid? Para cord? QR tags.

Yes covering up the face is pointless in my opinion, but so is a lot of what we all do. I'm just as guilty as anybody else. But it makes us happy, so who is anyone else to pass judgement. HIS picture he can do what he wants, MY load out I will wear what I want. Same kettle of fish in my book. Feel free to disagree....however I certainly won't be arsed whether you do or not
            “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

One of me and my mate Baz at DogTag,Holmbush Farm yesterday.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

8536870_orig.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by FarCanalMan View Post
                  Just over 3 years of posting and I am surprised at how many have pixelated/blanked out their faces/insignia...

None of you are SF or serving, and even if you are, these are non-public, non-operational situations and noone would have the slightest idea of who you are!

Toy soldiers with anonymity, pah!
                  Bit of a necroquote but quite a few people have jobs where running about with toy guns in military gear on their weekends could cause issues. If you don't, that's great, but I wouldn't take the piss out of people for being cautious. In today's era of background checks it's actually quite a smart idea.

On the other hand, maybe they just have their eyes shut, are f*ck ugly, or look nine years old. Frankly, it's their business. Not yours.

As for arbitrarily declaring there's a link between pixellating your face and not taking hits... whut?
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Just because I'm not in the military doesn't mean I'm not concerned about putting photos of myself armed to the teeth in a country that's very anti-gun up online. Once you put a photo on the Internet, it's up there for good, and I don't want to be confronted in a future job interview with a photo of myself blasting away with a sniper rifle. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I airsoft, but equally I'm realistic about how it is perceived by everyone in the world that doesn't airsoft. At best for most people it's a colossal waste of money; at worst, it's hardcore Mitty-sim or worse. I don't understand what other people find so fascinating about their hobbies and I don't expect them to understand why I like mine, so I'm cautious about advertising my participation in a hobby that doesn't get a good instinctive reaction from most people.

Bluntly, what I do in my free time is my business and no-one else's, and I quite like it that way. If I ever do post photos of myself on here, I expect I'll pixelate my face; it adds nothing to the photo except the risk that it'll come back to haunt me.

Comment

Pics of myself and chums from Sunday at F&O The Depot, thanks to Baz for the excellent pictures!

Note the lack of blacked out faces because we're so super serial elite we don't even need it

Full Costa: Engaged
                      KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                        I couldn't agree more. Just because I'm not in the military doesn't mean I'm not concerned about putting photos of myself armed to the teeth in a country that's very anti-gun up online.
                        Always wear a mask, constant plausible deniability.

Comment

dragons lair3.jpgdragons lair2.jpgdragons lair4.jpgdropzone 6.jpgucap sandpit1.jpgap south2.jpg just some of me from various sites

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
                          But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

few from yesterdays game at IronSight.

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Airsofting in comfort

Comment

1174839_10200555242747782_2030850877_n.jpg
                                me at skirmish leic & cov, 2 games back, first m14 ebr game... achy arms after!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gijohn2 I like Trains. Find out more about gijohn2
                                Working...
                                X