Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Looking to borrow gas blowblack ppk/s + supressor for short film prop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to borrow gas blowblack ppk/s + supressor for short film prop.

Need someone in, or near London with a black ppk/s with the suppresor kit, couple gas cannisters, spare mag.
    The gun will be dry fired for the scenes! (7 gunshots per take, so I'd estimate around 30-40 dry fires in total)
    Shooting day is set for next weekend Sat 28th+Sun 29th March, so I'd have to pick it up friday latest.

Current movie budget £0.00, so it would be purely out of the kindness in your heart :D and enthusiasm for creativity and guns that shoot the right amount of bullets for the gun's capacity in movies! In addition if anyone knows other handguns with 7 mag cap (for the real version not airsoft) and available in gas blowback with a supressor, let me know!.. I think it has to be a ppk.

If you would like to help please let me know and I'll drop you my number.

Cheers

Re: Looking to borrow gas blowblack ppk/s + supressor for short film prop.

why not get a blank firer instead?

also you'll need to inform authorities if you're doing this in sight of anywhere the public can get to.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Colt M1911 has a seven round capacity. Very good on-screen presence as well. Sleek and imposing, without being too large.

Comment

Bobfish - I don't really know anything about blank firing guns, I assumed they were real guns but the ammunition was blank. Besides they're rather noisey, and I've got access to airsoft stuff so it seemed to make sense. Also, after much deliberation we got some private land to shoot on in Kent

RitchieTheBrit - Oh my, I feel a bit daft now, a friend of mine said I can borrow his 1911 but I thought it had a higher cap than 7... Damn haha thanks a lot xD

Comment

blank firing ones are far more realistic for film.
          I don't know if you watch the walking dead but I had to stop watching ... the guns had no recoil, the actors didn't even attempt recoil. THEN one of the plot lines had one of them complain her shoulder hurts from the recoil .. I flipped shit.

I digress ...

if you've got airsoft stuff go for it, but you editing guy is going to hate you.

make sure the actors attempt some recoil.

if you're not bothering with any of the editing or recoil... you may as well use a finger gun lol

also where about's in kent?

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Plus point of using a suppressed weapon is that you don't have to worry about muzzle flash. GBB will work fine if you're on zero budget, but you won't have any shells ejecting.

Comment

Point to note, UK legal blank firer's have to vent from the TOP, not the muzzle, so realism is an issue.
              Professional film companies get round this by employing licensed armourers to supply suitable weapons, but obviously this is very expensive.
              Stick with "suppressed" gbb's.

Comment

You can get front venting plug cap pistols, but you need a specific defence. For your budget, Tackle is right.

Comment

A PFC gun would be ideal as you won't have to CGI in shell ejection and smoke. If you can't get one of those then airsoft is your best bet.

As for simulating recoil. I would advise to not even try it. It always looks lame and inconsistent. Just look at The Walking Dead. The guy that just bought it in the revolving door scene was constantly guilty of this. It looks so cheap and nasty. Technical advisors (if they're decent) will tell actors to just flow with the natural recoil of the gun they're using and don't embellish on it. Sure, it looks a bit lame with revolvers and shotguns but it looks even worse with fake recoil.

As for capacity, the 1911 originally was designed with a capacity of 7 but now mags are capable of 8 in the same form factor due to spring and follower advancements.

Comment

One of my guns got used for some filming several months ago by some film makers I know. Hours of work have gone into CGIing the shell casings ejecting. Have fun with that

Comment

handguns that have a magazine capacity of 7 rounds:-
                      1911 classic single stack
                      desert eagle in .50AE
                      XD-s 9MM
                      kahr p380
                      glock 42
                      S&W model 686
                      nagant revolver (pretty sure this has 7 rounds)

those are off the top of my head, im sure there's a lot more but don't want to get too obscure, why is it important the replica can only hold 7 rounds?
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LightningHawk Find out more about LightningHawk
                      Working...
                      X