8.4v instead just for a few shots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.4v instead just for a few shots?

My gun is the G&G CM16 Carbine, I've ordred a 9.6v VB power 1600mah battery but it doesn't arrive for about a week. My friend has an 8.4v he uses in a H&K Umarex UMP45.

Would it be okay to use an 8.4v in my gun just for 400-ish shots? I heard it can damage the gearbox if I use a lower voltage then recomended?

Re: 8.4v instead just for a few shots?

Using a higher voltage on a stock AEG may wear it out quicker but not a lower voltage, 8.4v i would of thought would be the recommended for your AEG anyway

Comment

I've used an 8.4v in my backup combat machine with no problems

Comment

Originally posted by big red View Post
        Using a higher voltage on a stock AEG may wear it out quicker but not a lower voltage, 8.4v i would of thought would be the recommended for your AEG anyway
        It actually has a recomened 9.6v on the manual haha, but thanks anyway man! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Ravo View Post
          It actually has a recomened 9.6v on the manual haha, but thanks anyway man! :P
          Shows what I know! lol

Comment

Originally posted by big red View Post
            Shows what I know! lol
            Hahaha, I'm literally the biggest noob when it comes to batteries tbf. Hopefully a 9.6 doesn't ware my gearbox out then

Comment

I'm interested in how a lower voltage would damage a gearbox. Does anyone have any more information about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Azubi View Post
                I'm interested in how a lower voltage would damage a gearbox. Does anyone have any more information about it?
                Honestly, it's just me being a huge noob and listening to information provided to me by a bigger noob (My mate irl) xD

Any chance you could enlighten me though? A 9.6v would be fine in my gun, right?

Comment

the only thing a lower voltage would do is be more likely to lockup (Jam), which could damage the box?
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

7.2v, 8.4v and 9.6v batteries will all be fine in G&G rifles. A 9.6v battery is about the same as a 7.4v lipo battery.

I'd recommend a 8.4v or above as has been said, as a 7.4v may not have the power to cycle properly when they are low on juice.

The only thing I wouldn't recommend is using an 11.1v lipo. You'll be fine pal.

Comment

I second not using a 11.1v lipo, lent mine to a mate to get back into the game ( there was about 10minutes left) and told him that it might destroy his gun....he said it'll be fine i just wont use full auto"...after the game he asked me to look at his rifle....the motor gear had no teeth left....needless to say he wont make that mistake again.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yes, it depends on the quality of your internals, but really, unless you have a mosfet fitted, steer clear of 11.1v

Comment

Originally posted by Ravo View Post
                          My gun is the G&G CM16 Carbine, I've ordred a 9.6v VB power 1600mah battery [...] My friend has an 8.4v he uses
                          A better question would be 'who the hell still uses NiMHs, and why?'

LiPos and LiFes have been around for years now; they're much more energy dense (practically speaking, smaller and lighter), charge faster, don't suffer the dreaded 'memory effect', don't begin to discharge the second you take them off the charger... They are all round a manifestly better technology than NiMHs and NiCads. Why would you (a beginner, I'm guessing, with your low post count and CM16?) invest in an obsolete technology unless you were given some really outdated advice?

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                            i do, and thats mainly because i dont trust lipos, had my spare take a round in my vest pocket, resulted in a second degree burn up my left side of my chest about the size of a spread hand. so id much rather have a clunky battery than have melted nylon cut off my skin that its melted too. but thats a extreme case i guess
                            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post

LiPos and LiFes have been around for years now; they're much more energy dense (practically speaking, smaller and lighter), charge faster, don't suffer the dreaded 'memory effect', don't begin to discharge the second you take them off the charger... They are all round a manifestly better technology than NiMHs and NiCads. Why would you (a beginner, I'm guessing, with your low post count and CM16?) invest in an obsolete technology unless you were given some really outdated advice?
                              Which is the reason I've to come to the forums, no? What I'm guessing is that you believe I should have a LiPo. I'd rather trust in a battery that has served well for years, and widely known to not actually heat up so much to cause a burn mark. Which I've heard more than once.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ravo Find out more about Ravo
                              Working...
                              X