Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex two tone help!

Hello all,

I have just found out that the second hand sniper I bought awhile ago is an ex two tone, meaning the previous owner painted it. My question is, do skirmish sites look down upon that? does it breach UKARA? And if it is a no no, how can i fix it?

THANKS!

Re: ex two tone help!

It should not be a problem.

Comment

But i can see that it was orange under the paint.

Comment

Use something like Fairy Power Spray, and scrub for all your life's worth. Once you get down to the Orange, keep going. If you're lucky you may get it back to the original finish.

Comment

never thought to go past the orange, thanks buddy!

Comment

If it is orange, that is probably the colour of the plastic.

Comment

I imgine the best way to tell is to take the body off and look down one of the screw holes

Comment

I know some sites frown on ex-two tone guns and don't allow them. Others don't, check beforehand I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by clay_9 View Post
                  I know some sites frown on ex-two tone guns and don't allow them. Others don't, check beforehand I guess.
                  Really? Any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
                    Really? Any idea why?
                    I have no idea what the logic behind it was, they just didn't allow ex-TT guns, but did allow fully two toned guns. Go figure.

Comment

I have no idea what the logic behind it was, they just didn't allow ex-TT guns, but did allow fully two toned guns. Go figure.
                      It's a grey area. The site i'm guessing you're on about have a very good reason as to why they don't allow it. I'm not going to even try to explain it, as it's fairly complicated

Comment

Originally posted by HuntR View Post
                        It's a grey area. [...] I'm not going to even try to explain it, as it's fairly complicated
                        I'd be interested to hear it.

Insofar as I can see - and I've read the VCRA and associated legislation so much I started to have nightmares about it - there is no 'grey area'. The only reason I can think of not permitting ex-IFs is concerns over those without defences modifying their IFs into RIFs, contrary to §36(1)(b) of the 2006 Act, but that's an offence committed by the individual, not the site. There's no compelling legal, insurance, or other liability engendered by allowing play with guns that have always been RIFs but not those that used to be IFs, at least not that I can think of. A RIF that used to be an IF is just a RIF; in the present its shameful history as a two-toner is irrelevant, legally speaking,

In the absence of a really compelling explanation, I'd say this is probably the product of a misunderstanding. How is it enforced? Do they disassemble guns and look for orange or blue paint in the screwholes?

Comment

Indeed. It seems very odd.

Comment

I'd be intrigued to hear more on this, sounds bloody ridiculous, and also, a little hard to imagine, what if a guns been camo and then sprayed black, does that count ?...... as for your rifle mate, no problem at all, if you're not happy with the finish, just respray it..
                            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theplatypus Find out more about theplatypus
                            Working...
                            X