Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Somewhere in between Open day and Milsim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere in between Open day and Milsim?

I've been out of the game for a few months due to injury but I'm on the mend now and looking forward to a spring/summer full of skirmishing!
    I've been looking around at some events scheduled and I'm a little curious whether anyone knows of some places I may like.

My general event is a typical open skirmish day, but I do like a bit of the more 'serious' stuff too.
    I like the camo and ammo restrictions often seen at milsim games as I feel it makes everyone play a little more intelligently, but I must admit that I don't enjoy the role play bits so much.

There are other factors that I like and dislike about different types of game days so please don't start an elitist/noob bashing frenzy.

I'm simply asking whether you know of any events/companies that host 'mini milsims' or certain rules on skirmish days that may appeal to me (I'm based in the midlands, so nothing north Scotland please) :D
    I know of a few companies such as stirling airsoft and the like so I'd appreciate some feeedback on them and any sites you enjoy or you go to, that tend not to be to 'role play' based but are still one up from an open day.

Re: Somewhere in between Open day and Milsim?

Check out H T immersive simulations on facebook.
    I play with those guys sometime and they are very much what you are after.
    Cant link as im on mobile but will try to add it later.

Comment

Try http://www.c3tactical.co.uk/cold-habits-die-hard/ - sounds just like what you are after. I took part in Part 1, and it's pretty much what you described, plus it's near Coventry. Part 2 is next weekend (12th).

Comment

Also check out http://www.gunmanairsoft.co.uk/ They have a great rule set for their filmsim/milsim games. I too enjoy ammo limits, make it more fun and challenging, especially when run out and all you have left is your pistol to try and take on a small army.

Comment

Great 24 hr event coming up at Nescliffe MOD site, 30/31st May, which should be very good indeed, It's a brilliant site, and games are well run, I've done a couple there before...l It's a Black Knights game, so check out their face book page...
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Another recommendation for the gunman filmsims. They are excellent and wickedly good fun. The organiser Josh is a great guy and has a real passion for the events he lays on.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

FCS are another halfand half group, they usualy run the games at longmoor with ammo, camo and respawn limits, but apart from advising you to work as a team they let you do whatever.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
                FCS are another halfand half group, they usualy run the games at longmoor with ammo, camo and respawn limits, but apart from advising you to work as a team they let you do whatever.

L.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
                I work with FCS, so if anyone has any questions about us - feel free to PM me and I'll help where possible. We're also looking to release details of new venues shortly for 2015 dates!

Comment

Ambush Adventures, Charlie runs semi mil-sim games. Limited ammo etc. And as above Gunman are good, they have good medic rules, limited ammo with dynamic respond points.

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Comment

I had no idea there were so many offering that kind of game, cheers for all the recommendations! Keep them coming if you have any more

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wilkes 1875 Find out more about Wilkes 1875
                    Working...
                    X