Need help with setting up radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with setting up radios

I recently brought some baofeng uv-5r+ radios for my team and my plan was to set them up so the team can chat on one channel (ie. Ch2 ctss 28) but at the same time listen in on the game radio channel (ie. Ch2). The issue i am having at the moment is the team channel (2,28) is bleeding over the game channel (2).
    Is there any way of stopping this from happening or is it just a matter of putting the team on a completely differnt channel to the game ?
    Any advice would be great

Re: Need help with setting up radios

Hi,

So using the PMR446 frequencies there are only 8 channels (there are no sub channel or sideband channels contrary to popular belief)

1 446.006250
    2 446.018750
    3 446.031250
    4 446.043750
    5 446.056250
    6 446.068750
    7 446.081250
    8 446.093750

So even when using ctcss or DCS you still on broadcasting on one of the 8 channels, so everybody can hear what you are broadcasting if they don't have ctcss or DCS set on their radios.

"(On CTCSS)It is a use of sub-audible tones that are transmitted along with the speech portion of the transmission which allows more than one agency to use the same radio frequency without causing undue interference to another agency on the that frequency. Receivers for agency XYZ are set to only open their audio squelch when the proper sub-audible frequency tone is part of the transmission."

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...Squelch_System

So the best option for your team is to move to another channel, if I recall correctly the UV-5R's have the ability to monitor two channels at the same time.

Comment

Re: Need help with setting up radios

Thanks for your help Cyrexx ☺ that actually made more sense then the 20+ videos ive been watching on youtube haha. And yes they have dual watch mode ...... its been one of them situation where i had over thought the whole set up, got a little angry and gave up for a week... and now going to to get this solved !! Thanks again Cyrexx ☺

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sc0utr3c0n I am Sc0ut. I am one of the four founding members and Team Leader/Recon for Outer Heaven Mercenaries Airsoft UK Find out more about sc0utr3c0n
      Working...
      X