To paint or not to paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To paint or not to paint

Right im thinking about a few dark earth parts for my M4 but was wondering if painting them would be any good as I don't want it to rub off or scratch easily.

So paint them or buy dark earth parts?

Also which paint will give best results?
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: To paint or not to paint

Buy the parts man, it looks a lot neater and fresh.

Thats just my opinion.
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
    Tactical bed covers...
    Double or single?

Comment

Indeed, buying the parts that are already DE are better, but it depends on the brand.

If you want it done and cheaply, use krylon spray-paint, brilliant stuff.

The job also depends how you spray the parts, you have to remove it first, or tape what you don't want sprayed.

Comment

get parts imo.

Painted guns tend to be more difficult to sell on the second hand market.

Mac
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

you can always take the paint off. ive done a spray job didnt like it so took the paint of and re did it

Comment

I painted my some of my m4 in de and I have a stalk witch was de and you can't tell the diffrents with them aslong as you no how to pint my first attempt at painting a gun didn't go well at all so paint it if you know how if not buy them
            why so serious

Comment

if you're going to paint, do it properly with the correct number of primer coats, top coats, laquer, and plenty of dry time and heat gun drying in between. i'm sure there's tutorials online, or maybe even on this forum.

you can do a simple but slapdash job quickly, or a more complicated, but genereally brilliant quality job over a longer period of time. if you know what you're doing, you can do a great job.

but if the price of the painting materials exceeds the spare parts, then don't. if the parts cost loads of money, then paint's your uncle.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I'm going to go against the grain here. Paint it. Especially if you want realism. I can't imagine line troops being too stressed about a few chips and scuffs.

Personally, I've only painted removable parts of my guns, but I've not babied them. Out in the garden, on a bit of newspaper, couple of coats of krylon, no fancy stencils or anything and then back on the gun for a good roughing up.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                  I'm going to go against the grain here. Paint it. Especially if you want realism. I can't imagine line troops being too stressed about a few chips and scuffs.

Personally, I've only painted removable parts of my guns, but I've not babied them. Out in the garden, on a bit of newspaper, couple of coats of krylon, no fancy stencils or anything and then back on the gun for a good roughing up.
                  This seems like the plan as its only the rail covers, pistol grip and crane stock im thinking about painting. Might try a stencil of some type (had thought about really small dots but will need to find a stencil i like the look of...

Anybody have any ideas?
                  sigpic

Comment

as ben said , i doubt troops are bothered about a fancy pattern , if the spray breaks up the outline its job success.

i think some of the rougher paintjobs look better than the fully cared ones quite alot of the time

Comment

also you could tape up what you want to paint hen do tha paint on the tape, so that you can take it all off no hassle if you dont like it.
                      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

yep tape it up first,
                        if you dont like it, you can easily redo it properly by replacing the tape
                        and if it comes to selling it on, take the tape off and it will be more appealing to buyers rather than a painted gun
                        Originally posted by Teddykiller
                        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

if you havent got the bits yet, then best to buy them in the colour you want!

but this isnt always possible, or if you already have them, then theres nothing like a nice coat of krylon, done properly and carefully its great,

plus you have the satisfaction or having something unique and the "i did that!" factor

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedJ View Post
                            if you havent got the bits yet, then best to buy them in the colour you want!

but this isnt always possible, or if you already have them, then theres nothing like a nice coat of krylon, done properly and carefully its great,

plus you have the satisfaction or having something unique and the "i did that!" factor
                            The parts are on the gun which I hope will be here before the weekend. Its 3rd or 4th hand so the parts are not new.

Might have to spray them and then each month buy a replacement part in tan...
                            sigpic

Comment

just dont rush! who cares if you use the gun once NOT painted, clean it off then paint,

i used mine for months while i built up parts, then stripped and painted in a couple of days

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
                              Working...
                              X