Best BBs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best BBs...

I really thought there was a thread/poll about this... searched too... but ya know. Mods if there is a thread about it and I've missed it, then I'm sorry

But yeah.. I am running out of bbs. Need to get a big load of them in soon, what are people's opinions on the following:

-How does the quality of the BBs vary across the board?

-And how much does the quality of the bb really affect how good the shot is?

-What would be the best choice out of: Madbull (aren't there two types of Madbull? Match and pro or something?), KSC Perfects, and like.. Excel. I've heard KSC and Madbull are particularly good, but anyone got experience? Also, feel free to name any other good brands, so long as you have had first hand experience with them!

I'm talking about 0.25s here. And 0.25s only. People who use 0.2s are stuck in the dark ages haha
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Best BBs...

I have some KSC perfect .3s, and they are fantastic, great consistency, and had no jams at all whilst using them... i can only assume that their .25s are more of the same!
    If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer...

Comment

im very partial to Xtreme bbs tho i can only find them in scotland ... tho i did love the .28s GZ sold but they stopped doing them now

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

If you have an aeg shooting 345ish fps then I would recommend Guarder .28s

There obviously travel slower approx 285fps but they give far better accuracy, especially if theres wind. They also improve the effective range. Not also forgetting that people know when they have been hit and usually take the hit

Comment

Best BB's I have ever fired were a bag of Mad Bull Match grade BB's went through all my guns like a dream with top performance, sadly would never be able to afford to regularly skirmish them,

Comment

Yeah, should've mentioned these are for guns running from around 300 to 350. I'll keep some 0.2s for my SPAS 12 and Moscarts and what have you haha.

Are 0.28s better than 0.25s then? I would've thought they were just a bit too heavy to go further than a 0.25?
            Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Depends on the Gun Tbh I found .28 are pretty no essential unless your firing above 350fps

If your after quality and not the price tag though I found excel's to be the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by tenacioustom View Post
                Best BB's I have ever fired were a bag of Mad Bull Match grade BB's went through all my guns like a dream with top performance, sadly would never be able to afford to regularly skirmish them,
                Yep I blagged a magazine full of 0.25 match grade at a game 2 weeks ago and when I find a regular stockist these will be the BB for me.

KSC Perfect are a very good round as are Excel but lots of guns are very picky so you may just have to try a few.

Comment

I would wonder that to, is anything larger that a .25 a bit heavy for a ~350fps AEG.

Also, just while this thread is here what are your opinions on the best weight, not make, for a sniper rifle shooting 500fps?

Comment

have you found certain BBs increase the range of your gun ifso what bbs are these and what wight they were

Comment

Stolen from another site

One of the common questions we get asked regularly is "What ammo do I use in this gun"
                      To help with choices put together a guide to help you chose the best of ammo weights for your airsoft guns.
                      With AEG's and pistols there is some ammo that crosses over, I.E .25 ammo the reason for this is 0.25 ammo against 0.2 ammo as a rule with improve accuracy with only minimal loss in range, however you will need more Hop up.
                      As a rule of thumb, the heavier the ammo the more stable the flight of the BB is, accuracy is gained but you will lose a little on range of the airsoft gun, the trick is not to overdo it so the gun loses performance.
                      Ammo weight and fps are not an exact science any on many occasions it is a case of trial and error, but we hope the guide below is of some help.

Below is a simple calculator we have put together to help you choice in ammo.
                      For AEG rifles
                      Power of gun (FPS) minus 100 then mover the decimal point 3 places.
                      For example 350 fps minus 100 = 250 then move decimal point = 0.25 ammo

With pistols as a rule you just remove the decimal place and not minus 100, you then use the next ammo weight down
                      For example 300 fps then move the decimal point 3 place = 0.3, next ammo weight down = either 0.25 or 0.28 ammo

For sniper rifles we recommend
                      0.25 ammo for up to 400 fps, 0.30 ammo for 380 - 450 fps and 0.36 and 0.40 ammo for 450 fps +

For budget bb guns or plinkers as a rule 0.12 ammo is best for electric guns and 0.2 ammo is best for spring guns due to the lower power those bb guns produce.

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

Have you found that your thread isn't even around for 10 minutes and gets hijacked twice?

lol.

Anyway... thanks to those who gave advice so far, Madbull Match are winning me over at the moment, but I'll see how it goes. Probably won't bother risking trying 0.28s though, I just realised 0.25 are kind of the best compromise. I mean they go further and straighter than 0.2, retain a decent velocity, and are only a little bit more expensive.

EDIT: Thanks for that too jester, but they say something about 'minimal loss of range'. I swear it has been proven (and i've seen it with my own eyes) that with a 0.25 over a 0.2 you actually get a tiny bit MORE range...

Comment

my dboys and R85 firing at 350ish fps loved .28s I was seriously upset that they stopped selling them at GZ and i have to now use .25s and get a slightly more shoddy accuracy

Comment

Sorry man, I didnt mean to hijack the thread. :P

I like Blaster .25s by the way

Comment

For majority of the time I've been using the Excels 0.25 and for short period the 0.2's and for obvious reasons I'm sticking to the former ones. I'd say Excel all the way, but to be honest all of the non-budget ones are all right - the Excels, Blasters and KSC's and alike. I don't think that switching between them would do you much of a difference.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                              Working...
                              X