Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery problems

Hi folks,

Yes, more problems again, after the gun is now all sorted and fixed, the batteries giving me a bit of an headache !
    I have been charging them up as usual with my old dedicated charger but than it came to use them, each lasted just for five minutes flat before they went flat.
    Than I took on the box standard chargers ( 8.4 Volt 450mA/h) and charged them up again, with the result that batteries became very warm but still no charge in them! What is going wrong here ? No one battery is 8.4V 2400mA and the brand new one is a 9.6V 2800 mA but both are flat .
    Does that mean buying a new charger ?
    I that is the case, what type could you folks recommend ?
    regards

Re: battery problems

nope this means new battery mate ,
    the battery is getting hot very fast , then it is charging at over normal charge limit an hour,

also check all the leads and connections for nicks ,

Comment

But, added to what Guard said if it is happening to both batteries it could well be the battery charge is causing the problem and killing you batterie. so get a new one anyway. The Pro Peak series by ripmax are an excellent choice
      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Hallo again,

That is a bit of a bummer ! I had nothing as bad luck with that gun, I got it sorted and now the batteries as well and maybe a new charger ?
        What charger would you recommend ?
        thanks for your tip !

regards

Comment

For NiMh batteries go for a pro peak easily available from most model shops and reliable as hell made by ripmax who are well known in RC circles.
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Another for the Pro Peak, Excellent bit of kit.
            Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
            Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
            Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Ive had this for many years with stick batteries. What brand of battery are you using?

You're gonna need new batteries as the ones you have are clearly broken, and a new charger while you're at it (pro peak as the others have said).

When you do get the new kit, remember to trickle charge the batteries the first time you charge them; this could take around 16 hours). Fast charging the batteries will inevitably damage them as in your case so avoid this wherever possible.

Or alternatively, make the switch to Lipo batteries, which would be a far more cost effective solution as you'll be able to get a decent charger and battery for much less than forking out £40 or so for a pro peak charger plus new NiMh's.

Comment

LIPO's all the way...
                sigpic
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

yip, LIPO FTW

I got a charger from a well known auction site for £25 delivered and does everything, lipo nicad, nimh, also cycles etc etc

Comment

I have measured the batteries, and the have full charge ! Now I am thinking that the gearbox is doggy !
                    The charger I have been using, is a model boat charger , a dedicated charger, it is old but works brilliantly so far , made by Robbe .
                    My gearbox how ever, has been trouble some from the day one and I had sent it back to the guy I bought the gun of, it was repaired, but now it struggles to fire twice before becomes stumm .
                    I checked the connection and they seem alright but I will take allpart in the next days, mind saying that, I don't think it is the original gearbox at all.
                    It is an all in one unit and I checked on the web ,normally the ICS gearbox come in a upper and lower unit . Is that right ?
                    kind regards

Lutz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lutzk like the country side, just new to bb guns, past the 50 mark but still agile , Find out more about lutzk
                    Working...
                    X