Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a valid UKARA defence?

Hey guys

Im posting on behalf of a friend, he attended a billericay airsoft venue today and was sold membership as part of his fee for his first ever game there.

He has placed twice at AWA so its his 3rd time total all within 1 month, however at AWA we were told we had to play 3 games over a minimum of 2 months at their venue before receiving site membership.

So is this a proper UKARA valid card with which he can purchase guns etc? none of us are sure...because then anyone can go here and just buy guns after 1 game?

Cheers for any clarity, pics below with the number blacked out

Re: Is this a valid UKARA defence?

In order to use UKARA to show that he is a regular airsofter, he will have to register his site player number with them. In order to do this he will need a UKARA form signed and stamped by the site.

However, based on the information in your post, he is not eligible to register with UKARA as he has not met the requirements of being a regular skirmisher. The site appear to have behaved very badly.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
        In order to use UKARA to show that he is a regular airsofter, he will have to register his site player number with them. In order to do this he will need a UKARA form signed and stamped by the site.

However, based on the information in your post, he is not eligible to register with UKARA as he has not met the requirements of being a regular skirmisher. The site appear to have behaved very badly.
        so a site membership is nothiong to do with UKARA despite habing the badge and a 4 digit number on it?

From AWA i have a piece of paper with 2 (ive only been twice) dated and signatured entries, and ill get my 3rd in june when its been 2 months.

But this just seems like hes walked in and got a card instantly, so if he hasnt got a form and only has this card, the card is pointless/usless? despite the UKARA marking

Comment

You can join a site/get a card on your first game, it doesn't mean the site is doing anything shady. Once you have fulfilled the criteria for UKARA registration the site should then send your details off go get you registered, and will be able to buy RIF's.

Comment

UKARA is a retailers' organisation; they rely on sites to verify that a player is a regular airsofter. Unless the site have done that by stamping and signing a UKARA registration form, he is not eligible to register his site membership with UKARA.

The risk is that a retailer will accept the membership card as evidence that he is a regular airsofter (this rarely happens as most rely on the UKARA database) and sell him a rif, thereby breaking the law; usually, in that situation, the retailer will check with the site but there have been occasions when that has not happened.

The site where I marshal will not issue any form of membership until the player has met the 3 games/2 months requirement.

Comment

ok guys thanks for answering, ive seen some places class a 'site membership' as a valid defence so wanted to clarify!, we are 2/3 at AWA Herts anyway and just waiting for the 2 months to tick over before completing the 3rd game.

Comment

A site membership can be a used as a VCRA defence, lots of people do that (or something similar) if they don't like the UKARA system. However in my experience most sites I've been to won't let you sign up for a membership until you've met that 2 months/3 games requirement. Problem is of course, some clearly are signing people up straight away to get the money in, but until those criteria are met the membership is pretty useless when it comes to RIF purchasing as far as most retailers are concerned.

As per usual with the VCRA and skirmishers' defence, we see that the system is full of holes, flaws and ambiguities; open to exploitation in various ways.
                REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

awesome, and whilst im on the topic.

AWA said i need to bring 2 photo ID and £10 as well as evidence of age and address with my site registration form next time i go so i can become site registered.

Ive seen theres an additional form on the UKARA website, so do i need to both do their process and then UKARA form to be registered? or will they do that part for me with the stuff i have to provide them?

Just dont want to avoid longer delay after my 2 months are done

Comment

They should stamp and sign the UKARA form and let you have it so that you can send/take it to a retailer for registration on the database.

Comment

ok cool so on the 3rd day i should expect them to enter in the site member details and stamp it?

Even though their site membership seems to be a whole secondary and long process?

Just wondering if i should be expecting to me verified to buy something the very next day for examples sake, or it im going to be waiting a few weeks

Comment

You may have to wait a few days or they might do it there; it depends on the site.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
                        Working...
                        X