Which reliable primary?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which reliable primary?!

So, I'm gonna be in the market for a new primary soon, and was hoping people could give me opinions/experienced knowledge of a couple that I like? The 3 that are currently in the running are:
    WE/VFC Scar L
    TM m14 or
    King arms troy m7a1

Im open to ideas on others, so long as they are reliable and have decent spec.

Cheers in advance

Re: Which reliable primary?!

Tm will be the most reliable.

Comment

I thought as much and would be more than happy with an M14, just wanted to make sure Ive covered all options before hand, been stung too many times before. had any experience with the others? ive heard mixed (mostly good) about the KA Troy, but it has the potential for needing a better fitting O-ring than standard.

Comment

Other than a recoil I would always choose a VFC over a TM
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The WE Scar L is a pretty bit of kit, and it is good fun to shoot - reliability perhaps isn't it's strongest point.

I'd probably go for the VFC or the marui. My leanings towards VFC would be because I'd be getting into the guts of it and doing upgrades whether it was a marui or not
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Go for the scar. We if you're on a budget, VFC if not.

It'll be good enough for woodland, and small enough for CQB, and you can strap lots of toys on it until you've found what works for you.

Comment

We're looking good for a VFC then, i'll have a scout around. cheers guys

Comment

All of them will be reliable as all are fairly good brands

TM will be the best internally
                VFC will be the best externally
                WE are arguably the least expensive yet solid option. Internals are solid but not out of this world, externals are again, good but not on par with VFC
                King Arms, no personal experience with their stuff but from what I gather, pretty good all round
                sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

When people say that tm has the best internals compared to vfc the difference is not only subjective and marginal,but it can be altered easily,but when it comes to externals there is no doubt who comes out on top,not only that, you have to think that it's not cheap to bring up the lesser makes to the desired level

- - - Updated - - -

So in other words it's easy to make a vfc perform to the level of a tm if it needs it,but it's not so easy to make a tm look and feel like a vfc
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I feel there need to be a distinction between performance and reliability. You can have one, the other or both, but there's a reason TMs are famed first for their reliability and secondly for their performance. Gonna paraphrase a tech friend and invoke production tolerances as something TM do better than anyone, tolerances which disappear to the wind the moment some average goof cracks open a TM gearbox.

Sounds like if your main priority is reliability then I'd suggest the TM in a heartbeat as long as you leave it well alone, with the exception of my TM breacher (RIP), all the TM guns I've owned have been reliable and good performers.

As well as that the TM M14 has a hell of a reputation as a legendary ranged AEG when left totally stock, so there's that guarantee as well.

Comment

Thanks HSF, I think you've managed to iterate what I've been mulling for a while. To have, undoubtedly, got the best rep and It must be for good reasons. On the surface, the TV M14 seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, reliable, good performer and with great range. The only other consideration is whether it will, comfortably, suit me and my playing style, but from what I have read, the S.o.c.o.m is a great mid-sized Aeg, not as cumbersome as the full length but with the majority of the potency.

Comment

Dear Lord, apparently my phone wanted to spell everything EXCEPT TM!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KingOfTheTramps Find out more about KingOfTheTramps
                        Working...
                        X