Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Publications

Howdy,

After talking about a certain magazines new airsoft event (AI-500, Dark Harvest) it got me thinking, how many publications are out there and what do we think of them?

The obvious ones I know of are Airsoft International due to being available in some high-street news agents and also the free publication Recon Rag. I know there are others around but not easily accessible and i've honestly not read them.

I'm just interested in peoples thoughts on these and the topics they cover. Do the topics they cover really interest you and make you read the magazine from back to front?

Re: Airsoft Publications

Airsoft Soldier is another erm, there are a few ones but most are mainland europe or the US, there are a fair few ones in the US based on ww2 and vietnam re-enactment.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
      Airsoft Soldier is another erm, there are a few ones but most are mainland europe or the US, there are a fair few ones in the US based on ww2 and vietnam re-enactment.
      Airsoft Soldier is a Finnish mag.

There is also Take Aim, which is an Irish mag.

Comment

Ironic that airsoft soldier, a finnish mag has better english spelling punctuation and grammar than Airsoft International, a british made magazine.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
          Ironic that airsoft soldier, a finnish mag has better english spelling punctuation and grammar than Airsoft International, a british made magazine.
          I think that is because the Finn's wouldn't except anything less and we would simply just chuckle at it.

Mind, I have only read Take AIM and Airsoft International as that is all my local newsagent stocks, is Airsoft Soldier a good read?
          sigpic
          http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Personally I found Take AIM to be pretty poor and over priced.

Comment

AI is not bad, the problem is with writing in and the copy + paste issues. if you read the article on the old school SAS then go onto wikipedia and look at the iranian embassy page, strangely it is word for word. although, this is okay in such stuff as coursework :D i dont want to pay £4 for something i can read for FREE. secondly writing in; if you write to AI it takes days, sometimes weeks for them to reply, this is understandable in some cases as they must get a lot of emails... but, if you win letter of the month or whatever you dont get your prize for weeks, sometimes not at all... im still waiting for my prize from two weeks back... nevertheless, i still read it, and its good enough for me.

Comment

To be honest i think theyre all pretty useless.

And having met the AI guys at a few skirmishes, i can safely say ill never EVER buy their magazine. Theyre a bunch of ******
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 7 May, 2010, 16:32.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

falc Find out more about falc
                Working...
                X