Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help selling stuff?

Hi guys
    Ok so I really want to sell some of my airsoft gear and my macbook on ebay but I heard that people with better ebay rankings get items to sell for much higher? I know its not 100% airsoft related but is this true, I've been trying to find an answer but only found dead ends. If it is true can someone help me sell my stuff on eBay (someone with a decent rating) and I will happily share a 10% cut with whomever that it.
    Cheers Guys
    Jake

Re: Help selling stuff?

First question: is your stuff not selling on here?

Think you'll probably find someone with a good rating will be very protective of it. I had one neutral feedback (not even negative) two years ago and it meant I didn't qualify for zero insertion fees weekends for a whole year. I'd never sell stuff for someone else, even my mum, let alone a stranger.
    That said, for obvious private sales from some dude, you'll probably be ok with not much feedback. Your best course of action is to sell the small value bits first, get them sent out fast, get the good feedback on those, and then move on to your higher value bits.

I've actually had more problems from buyers on eBay than I've ever had here. eBay pretty much always comes down on the side of the buyer. Had some guy complain about a moscart I sold him, and basically it was that he didn't know how to reset it, and I had to offer him a refund. In the end he accepted a refund of the postage to send it back and I said after I had it he could get a refund on the rest. He took the postage, then never sent it back, and I didn't hear another word from him.

Make sure you get your feedback, it's ok to send people a short message reminding them to give feedback. Lots of people (myself included) forget.

Comment

Buy stuff on ebay to get your rank high then sell. I now have over 600 feedback with over 100 of that me selling. Maybe buy say 20 items then sell

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

if that's true(high ranking ebay sellers make more money) then they have earned the right by putting in a lot of effort and by being good ebay sellers over a reasonable amount of time, you on the other hand just want to jump the queue and benefit from taking a short cut, anyway I don't think high ranking ebayers do get a better deal
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

with paypal protection, i doubt it will make any difference whatsoever

Comment

I doubt that higher rank means higher sale price, On Ebay I have 881 feedback score, all 100% built up since 2003 and yes as Figjam said I am very protective over it, Same as my rating on this forums , 132 all 100% positive built up since 2009 , to keep it that way I lower my prices and give the most honest/brutal decrriptions of my items so that way the buyer cant take issue with anything later.
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nico-katzj Find out more about nico-katzj
            Working...
            X