Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul acs/ f93 pro stock advice

Hi gents

does anyone know if the above are lipo compatible?

And if you own either of the above, what's your opinion on them?

Which would you go for!?

Looking for a well built good quality stock

I'd go for the genuine magpul ubr but them seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t!

Thanks for the help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

more feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19678

Re: Magpul acs/ f93 pro stock advice

If you're talking about the real thing, they aren't rare, just expensive; the UBR (MAG330) is $265.00, and the ACS (MAG370) is $89.95. The original MagPul F93 is discontinued, but the rights and the tooling were sold to Ergo, who still make it under the same name for $234.25. I know you can get clone UBR and F93 stocks, too - they used to be made under the MagPul/PTS agreement, and I don't know if they're still made - but I'm not sure about the ACS.

When you talk about LiPos, the UBR and F93 are probably only going to work well with buffer tube batteries. The ACS should be able to take butterfly batteries in the storage tubes, although it might require a little modification.

Comment

ACS doesn't take batts in the tubes without heavy modding, the tubes are separate compartments designed for CR123 and such type batts, completely sealed when the bungs/cap is in place. It could be modded with a dremel for sure but it could end up a costly try if it goes wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Still not sure what to go for!

sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Two quick pics showing the plugs and that. If your handy with a dremel and such I think it might actually work. Though I'd advise a clone and definitely not the real thing just in case!

Comment

I don't think I'll be going down the dremel route! Surely I could still use the stock tube to keep the lipo in? Same as the ctr stock? The acs looks like it just slides on to the stock tube?

sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

Yup, there you got two options, 1st, take it off each time, not fun or easy, 2nd would be removing the butt pad. Undo an Alan key and it clips off. Glued mine on though as I got an extended butpad from states, turned out it wasn't as legit as claimed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shawzy Find out more about shawzy
              Working...
              X