Metal Vs. Plastic Slide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Vs. Plastic Slide!

Evening chaps and chapetts, I feel that there should be a poll on this!

Plastic, great in winter, generally high quality but (In most cases) lacks weight and overall realism.

Metal, cold to the touch and realistic, but most die out in the winter and gas consumption isn't the greatest.

Be advised, this thread is referring to automatic pistols - Now I can understand that some real-steel (plastic?) pistols are indeed the plastic fantastics, like the FN 5-7, but this is generalizing slides as metal.

Glocks and other polymer based frames are metal in this case, as I am referring to SLIDES, not frames.

What do you vote for? Comments are always welcomed!
    Metal
    62.75%
    Plastic
    37.25%

Re: Metal Vs. Plastic Slide!

About to ask about the
    Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
    FN 5-7
    but you answered my question. As mine is working great, real version. I have seen full metal guns, slide and all, simply crap out in winter though, so I'd say depends on location.
    Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

plastic

most of my pistols are western arms but even though they are ABS they are close the real weight, and still feel cold to the touch due to the paint they use

saying that my best performing pistol is my KSC USP which has a VERY heavy metal slide, seems to still empty a mag in very cold temperatures though as it has a very large gas reseviour
      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Odd, I made the poll but only to find out the thread was posted 5 minutes before... Meh.

Comment

Metal.

Form before function, always.

Comment

Plastic

Metal is awesome to have and feels great, but is totally impractical and un-needed,

Comment

Metal if your gun is upgraded correctly and you know what your doing.

Comment

My SigArms/KJW Sig works perfectly well in the cold with a metal slide.

CO2 is even better. The G&G Xtreme 45 will hit 500fps even after leaving the gun in the snow for half an hour.
                sigpic

Comment

Metal ftw !!!!!

love the sound of the slide when you rack it , or when hit the slide release on smoe metal guns , the sig 226 and m9 socom just of a few ,

yeah they do loose power in winter but thats where 134a gas come to play

Guard

Comment

Metal is the obvious choice, just for durability, but in terms of competitiveness and actually being able to turn the thing over 9 months of the year, TM ABS pistols.

For all it's faults (being huge) the TM Desert Eagle is actually a great skirmish gun as stock.

It turns over in all but the coldest weather, then when it heats up, it humps those BBs out like a dream...

Comment

Agree with BEN. I have a full metal M9and it is a great bit of kit. It can be a little tempremental in the winter but it still shoots.

Also My KSC 1911 with metal slide is awesome and i get three mags of bbs out of one gas fill in a single stack mag.

The wifes Dessy as BEN says is awesome all year round. THe only thing i would say though is that in hot weather drop down a gas type from green to Ultra and you will be fine. It will still push 330fps on that.
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                        My SigArms/KJW Sig works perfectly well in the cold with a metal slide.
                        Wish I knew what you were doing! My full metal KJW SIG226 is an absolute pain in the cold (below 10 degC). I get about 5 shots tops. Mags and gun have been fully serviced and I am using Actionsportgamers Ultrair Power Gas. Do you have any suggestions?!

I am not very keen on only having a sidearm which is only useable 7 or 8 months (tops) out of 12. I love the realism but this is too much.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
                        TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

Keep the slide well lubricated! The amount of times I've seen people complain their sidearms are running rough, only to remove the slide and find that it's bone dry and full of lint.

Comment

Plastic, both my pistols are now stock TM. Both work like a dream. Simples.

Comment

As above, plus make sure the seals are always kept well lubricated.

About twice a month, I take all my gas mags out and put a mag load through them and then spray with silicone before putting back in the cupboard. Most people ignore mags unless they've got a game coming up.

The only one I've had a problem with was a 229 mag I left in my vest by mistake and the base o-ring dried out, but KJW replaced the o-ring for $7! I can't afford to make mistakes like that though with 8 £40 GBBR mags, so I'm very careful now.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                              Working...
                              X