This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft junior liscence

Hello. I was wandering what is the point in two tone if some sites are offering a junior liscence where you can spray paint the guns black? Also where could I get one?

Re: Airsoft junior liscence

Ambush adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Pointblank View Post
      Hello. I was wandering what is the point in two tone if some sites are offering a junior liscence where you can spray paint the guns black? Also where could I get one?
      Not too sure what a junior license is but the law is the law, anyone can choose to break it if they want, i.e. spray painting a two tone gun.

Comment

never heard of it.... your better of just getting a parent to hasve the license in there name..
        i dont think you need the license for shooting the gun just for buying it....
        correct me if im wrong....
        Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
        I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Originally posted by robharris21 View Post
          never heard of it.... your better of just getting a parent to hasve the license in there name..
          i dont think you need the license for shooting the gun just for buying it....
          correct me if im wrong....
          I already have a cyma ak47 I was just wandering if I could get a junior liscence and spray paint it, also none of my parents want to skirmish so I cant get them to get a liscence

Comment

There is no such 'licence' for adults.

Comment

No such thing as a junior license. If you spray that black you're breaking the law.

What you should do is make a ghille wrap that you can take on and off. It's more effective camouflage wise and you're not breaking the law. A lot easier as well than taking a gun apart to spray it.

Comment

Just to remind you, you'll have to apply the tape at the skirmish site, going to and from it has to be removed. If thats the case.

Comment

any site offering junior membership is simply offering the usual discount from green fee's etc. Not a defence to own a rif! You must be over 18 and a regular skirmisher to be able to claim the defence. Till your 18 two tone for you. Either use camo tape, scrim or ghillhe wrap. Make sure you remove anything that covers the two tone before leaving the site.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

AS said, Ambush adventures offer a junior membership, the person buying the gun has to be over 18, you are allowed to buy a TWO-TONE NOT A RIF but you can change the two-tone parts/spray them, pointless yes i know but thats what they offer. Marui_man has junior membership at that site.

Comment

Junior Membership is only for their site, this cannot be extended to include UKARA. If your serious about getting into airsoft wait til you turn 18 like the rest of us and then get your own defence.

Comment

Sorry guys, but re-read the act.

The only mention of age is in relation to purchasing. There is no age restriction on ownership or converting.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2006..._20060038_en_1
                        sigpic

Comment

ok guys. You have to be over 18 until you are 18 whether or not you are a site member it is still illegal to convert an if to a rif as you are a minor. Legally you cannot even buy or own an IF when under 18 an adult must buy it for you and gift it to you (no money must change hands between you and the adult). Basically the only way you can use a rif is to hire from your site or borrow one for the day from a registred adult. You MUST give the rif back to the responsible adult before the end of the day.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I have to disagree. it is only regards to purchasing a rif that the over 18 age restriction counts. if your under 18 and have been given a two tone and you can prove your defense ie site membership or game diary you can convert your if to rif.
                            Reformed Pacifist

Comment

aribos, I don't want to start a flame war or argument, but where do you get your information from? Have you read the act?

There is NO mention of age in relation to converting, or to claiming the skirmishing defence (UKARA have an age limit, but that's because UKARA is a sales defence system and not a general defence organisation). The act allows people who can claim the defence to convert, so what is the problem with an under 18 player (regular player, not a one-off etc) from converting?

EDIT: But, it is worth reiterating. This is not a junior licence for 2 reasons. There is no licence for anyone, regardless of age and it does not allow purchases below 18.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pointblank Find out more about Pointblank
                              Working...
                              X