Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Something I've noticed that worries me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I've noticed that worries me...

Hmmm... I don't know if it's just me, but has anybody else noticed a few AEGs in the sell and swap that clearly look well used, but the FPS is listed at 350-365 or similar... Isn't that running a little hot for most sites, or are people not being entirely honest in the stats they are posting?

Not having a go or singling anyone out, just something to bear in mind.

Re: Something I've noticed that worries me...

Perhaps they're referring to the manufacturer's FPS?

Comment

That's entirely useless in the context of a used gun sales thread... I just mention it because it seems quite a few transactions have gone sour lately, not that I think anyone is being malicious. You know, it just helps to be entirely honest in these situations.

Comment

Out of interest, what is the average site limit, nationally?

Mine runs at 381 fps / 1.35J - the legal limit (because we're all grown-ups and, generally, all firearms trained anyway).

Comment

Fair enough, although the majority of skirmishers don't own a chronograph. Perhaps they could be doing the poor man's chrono?

Comment

i'd probly say about 328fps...seems to be the most common.....
            Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
            I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

My local sites are 328fps with 5% variance, an absolute limit of 345fps for auto.

The urban site is 400fps for sniper rifles, the woodland site is 500fps.

Comment

I'd say that most sites I have played on run with a limit of 328fps + 4% leeway at the top end, meaning a rounded up maximum fps for full auto rifles of 350fps, and a maximum of 500fps for Snipers.....and by sniper I mean bolt action, not an AEG upgraded and locked to semi auto only, because as we all know, with a well trained trigger finger, a semi auto AEG can be fired at near full auto pace, which defeats the object of sniper rifles imho.

The CQB site I go to has a maximum limit of 328fps, and usually the games are semi auto only which i find to be very good.
                sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

My site is..

AEG's: 350 FPS + 5%
                  Fixed support weapons: 400 FPS
                  Sniper rifles: 500 FPS

Pistols: No idea, my M500 is 390 FPS and I can use that.

Comment

Considering this is Ground Zero's forum, and that the FPS there is 350, then I would expect more weapons to be around that mark.

Comment

as said - generally speaking site limits are 328 or 350fps.

running at 381fps seems a bit irresponsible to me tbh. - like my old driving instructor used to say - "its a limit - not a target"

I don't doubt that people run their aeg's hot - I would even say it happens a lot more than I dare to think. - particularly at the site I usually play at.

Mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

If people don't know, they should say that.

We all know that fps varies massively between guns, even from the same manufacturers batch, so quoting retailers figures doesn't help. But, it's no less an issue than buying the gun new and finding it's too hot the first time you go to use it.

Not everyone has a chrono (as said above), but even if they did chrono readings also vary a lot. My old F2000 read 30fps higher on a site's chrono than it did on mine, so what would I put?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't take too much notice of this bit of information when looking at sales threads.
                        sigpic

Comment

All my Guns run at sub 350fps. The reason for that, is that I use 4 sites, Eversley, Xsite, Dragon Valley and The Mall. 344 is the upper max for The Mall, so all my guns need to be under that.
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                            running at 381fps seems a bit irresponsible to me tbh.
                            Hmm. I don't see how running AEGs within the law is being irresponsible.

Comment

on my site its woodland so

350 for AEGs with leeway
                              500 for snipers and i think its somewhere inbetween for single shot aegs

while the owner is now openeing an urban site in devon the aeg limit there is 328 with a bit of leeway

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                              Working...
                              X