Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAV or Sentry Turret??

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
    Keep the turret WIRELESS but dont make it autonomous. Then it will be safe. Because another player is controlling it all the time. Maybe have some sort of cut off... so after so long of inactivity it shuts down? then if someone lost the control computer/forgot about it there's NO danger of it firing by itself (however that might happen?) lol

EDIT: what you said
    Yeah pretty muc hthis, the marshals etc could have a power cut off button for saftey etc

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
      Does this remove the need to get out of bed to play airsoft now :D
      if you live within 2km of your local airsoft site then yeahh pretty much. Thats the range of each.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by magic_golem View Post
          and possibly take less damge from being shot at by *pr*cks*..
          if you're being shot at by anything, but in this instance a plane, be it manned or unmanned, why are you a prick for shooting back????

Does this mean that if someone with a Systema RIF shoots at
          me i shouldn't shoot back in case i damage his gun. HELL NO

Just because it cost a bit to make doesn't mean it will be exempt from targeting, or damn well shouldn't in my opinion.

Smiffy
          G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

Re: UAV or Sentry Turret?

UAV's could be a good for getting footage and pictures, or even in-game use, at big weekenders like GZW.

I'd probably do something a bit different to that expensive plane set up, though. I'm thinking some kind of helium airship set up. This would be good as long as it wasn't too windy. It would have a protective plastic 'ruff' (like those funny collars your dog gets when he's been to the vets!), to protect it from monghead players shooting at it.

This would be tethered to the top of some trees in an area that's likely to see a lot of action over the course of the day. You could perhaps fit some small fans to control it, but I'd be tempted to spend the money on a better camera for it.

Teams could then access it like CCTV or UAV footage.

As for a turret - 2 x M249's, remote triggers, automatic feeds from enlarged ammo supply, all mounted on a lightweight metal tripod... Sorted!

Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by MDKsmiffy View Post

Just because it cost a bit to make doesn't mean it will be exempt from targeting, or damn well shouldn't in my opinion.
              Agreed. Said enemy chose to bring his expensive toy, so he has to accept if it gets damaged.

But I would feel bad shooting down someone's RC plane lol
              Last edited by TS_Welshy; 9 May, 2010, 00:27. Reason: spelling correction
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                Agreed. Said enemy chose to bring his expensive toy, so he has to accept if it gets damaged.

But I would feel bad shooting down someone's RC plane lol
                i wouldn't, i'd brag about it for weeks, possibly months

Smiffy
                G&P SR-25 CA M14 WE 1911

If we have traded and i haven't left feedback feel free to remind me by PM.

Just 'cause i'm online doesn't mean i'm sat at my computer, i could actually be doing some work for a change.

Comment

Re: UAV or Sentry Turret?

generally the plane was selected for a few reasons, one is range, its effective useage range is about 2km before its gps automatically returns it to home, its very fast, upto 150kmh, very strong load carrying capabitlities, they can carry some very heavy equipment as in cameras the works, also they can climb to a very high altitude, highest ive heard of is 300m vertically. The helium baloon wouldnt survive a good blast from an airsoft gun at tree height, however at 100m high i'd like to see an airsoft gun for one hit it, and for two still have enough energy to bring it down.

gonna be honest if i saw anyone like damaging it in some other way than firing at it etc then they can pay for the damage imo as they have purposefully damaged it, same as if they were to idk jump on one of my guns or something i'd expect them to pay or the damage. lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dusseldorf101 Find out more about dusseldorf101
                  Working...
                  X