500 fps snipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 fps snipers

Not sure if there has been a thread about this before, did a search and couldn't find one, so apologies if there has, but my point is this, went to a site which will remain nameless (wasn't GZ!!), where the sniper limit was 500fps, and the organizer at the end of the safety brief asked who was using sniper rifles, now at this point about 15 to 20 people said they were, i didn't give it much thought about it at the time, but seriously, what a day that turned out to be, never have i been been sniped so much in my life, anyone else had this happen to them?, me personally, i would have to think very hard about going to any site like this in the future, as gameplay is pretty much non existent, i appreciate that in a tactical scenario, snipers are and can be very effective, but imo overkill in normal skirmish conditions. Your thoughts gentlemen/ladies.

Re: 500 fps snipers

so your question is whats your thought about snipers in normal skirmishing? the 500FPS being irrelevant really.

if so, why not, its like people running around with AEG's or single shots etc.... its fun and they choose to do it that way, if they get enjoyment doing our sport/hobby in that particular role, why not?
    RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

I think he's simply saying 500 fps as they have a longer range.

Comment

Unfortunately, born from video gaming (COD etc), sniping in airsoft is seen by the video game/newbie community as something that anyone with a 500fps rifle can do. Thus spawns the generation of people (usually but not always kids) who are brilliant at COD and go out and buy a Warrior L96 running at 450fps or what have you, and then expect to be able to do the same thing in airsoft. Comes as a bit of a shock when their powerful rifle with a s**t and unset hopup can't shoot past 40m.

At this point, when they realise that you need to do far, far more then just whack a high-powered spring in a boltie to actually be an effective sniper, most go off the idea and get an AEG, or go and spend some time learning about internals, good upgrades etc and fieldcraft to continue sniping. However, during that first skirmish, a LOT of "snipers" decide to counteract their rifle's poor performance by "forgetting" the minimum engagement distance, and start aiming for the head at 20m ranges (a distance where their rifle IS accurate), resulting in what happened to you at the site.

Above is all my opinion. Yes I realise the irony of me being both only 19 and practicing sniping.
        Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 9 May, 2010, 17:50. Reason: spelling.

Comment

join them - once you play like a sniper for a while - you know how a sniper thinks - therefore you know how to defeat him.

I'm guessing there was a good number of people there. at the end of the day it is something that can and will happen.

you just have to learn to deal with it.

Mac

edit - good post TKOS.
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I will agree partly, it can be VERY annoying to be constantly shot by a skilled sniper... but at the end of the day, you grin and bear it. If he's hitting you at 80/90m, credit where credit is due.

Comment

As above, if he can hit you at 60m or more he's pretty good and give him credit for getting you at that sort of range.

Comment

Ive given up with morons who defy good true knowledge, so i just let them waste their money, get angry, try and sell it, or moan to parents and then storm off.

makes me happy.

Comment

run faster so the gits can't hit you as easily
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

lol remides me of a game a few years bcak, only 25 a side and at the start of the game both teams had 10 sniporz and 3-4 boxmag hero's, was a very funny morning, after lunch everyone changes up for assult weapons and pistols.
                    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                      run faster so the gits can't hit you as easily
                      lol, i will try this "tactic" next time

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        run faster so the gits can\'t hit you as easily
                        Just make random moves whilst in open space to make sure they dont get you :D
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

I think people are missing the OP's point.

As far as I can see, he's not complaining about 500fps sniper rifles (yes, they're sniper rifles, snipers are the people who use them) as such, he has an issue with the number of people using them. 20 snipers out of a couple of hundred players wouldn't be an issue, but that many out of somewhere in the 50-100 players range would be a pain in the ar*e and I would probably have gone home at lunch time.

It's not that I don't like to get hit (though I avoid it as often as possible), but it would be like one of those comedy sketches where the tall guy with the long arms has his hand on the head of the short guy and all the short guy can do is wave his arms around as he can't reach. In the real world you want someone who can reach out and touch the enemy before he can get in range of you. But, at a skirmish, if you can never get in range because there are too many snipers playing, what's the point of the game.

Enough to make it tricky is good, too many and it completely messes up the game play.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aye, I agree, if you can't flush the snipers normally, try different tactics - approach from another angle etc.

The most we've ever had at our site is probably 4 or 5 snipers, and while they were very effective, taking me out on a number of occasions, we found that if we get a few guys to put fire down to draw attention, it's quite easy to move round the side.

There's also occasions when they pick a far (right/left/forward) position, and by not moving into that area you won't get hit.

However, despite not experiencing it, I could understand your position - with that many snipers, surely it must've been hard to move even fifty yards before getting hit again!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Depends on the games, If all the games were search and destroy and the site is cover heavy then you would have a hard day.

But in alot of cases snipers have a disadvantage

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dollar Find out more about dollar
                              Working...
                              X