Agm M14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agm M14

Has anyone got one of these and would recommend it? I just was wondering like if i did get one what would need to be done to it (upgrades and the like).
    Thanks

Re: Agm M14

Firstly, a little more info is needed on which m14 your interested in getting.

Tokyo marui?

AGM?

Cyma?

And, to help....M14's are regarded as one of the best AEG's, in terms of range and accuracy. It has a really long barrel, longer than any other AEG i believe..(dont hold me to it though.)
    Last edited by bravotwozero; 15 April, 2009, 00:56. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

I didn't know CYMA did an M14 so i learnt something there but as the title suggests it is an AGM one i am looking for. Unless CYMA has better performance. (TM is too expensive on my budget)

Comment

get one

theyre really good.

Comment

Ah, sorry. Misread.

AGM's are a clone, so theres going to be a little compramise in quality relative to the cost. But from what I've heard its an all round good gun. My advice is get a tightbore barrel. This will, and could increase range by up to a third.

Comment

They are very nice guns indeed. Could do with a degunking but otherwise you're set.

Comment

i just skirmished mine on sunday. put a guarder hop up unit in it and shimmed it and de gunked it.

was shooting great. just need to upgrade the barrel to a tightbore now

Comment

I know 2 people who used to have TM M14s, the first one was fantastic and the guy sold it 2 years ago and still raves about it, but the other one was upgraded and turned out rubbish and was all over the place, but as stock and if you work on them carefully they are great, i cant compare them to the cyma and AGM m14s but i have seen a kart EBR which is close to the same thing, that was pretty good but kept falling apart as the metal used is pig iron.

Hope this helps
                Alex
                WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

my advice is go for the cyma... its by far the best on the market for price and built... it outstrips tm in some areas. As for the agm... I wouldnt, they have parts compatability issues, and are a bitch to fix once the semi goes and its stuck on auto (IT WILL)

Comment

buy a cyma or tm, agm are pants
                    Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

Be fair, the AGM arnt 'pants'. Thier not exactly TM standard, but not bad at all once you degunk them. The major problem is the fact thier semi goes pretty quickly, and can be a pain to fix.
                      TM is probably the best, but equally well, its the most expensive. In comparision, CYMA is cheaper but usually the parts arnt of such high quality. You've gotta weight up these factors and make your decision, but my vote is TM, it really is fantastic, and im usually a large ACM advocate
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

the cyma is a total tm copy... its cheaper to buy, and cheaper to fix when it goes... even if it needs fixing faster than a tm, youve got money left from not getting a tm... win win win

Comment

two wires in my agm m14 welded together, according to the handy airsoft man at my site it overheated

but when it did work ( i used it as a bog standard gun ) i found it fine, i would reccomend it, and its a gun that is good to upgrade

Comment

i would still recommend CYMA over an AGM though. My brothers one feels so much more solid and you can just see that its better built than my AGM.

Comment

My uncle had an AGM M14 firing at ~400fps and with a replacement hop up unit. It was unbelievably accurate and it was easily out ranging the other sniper rifles at the site. I would definitely recommend it HOWEVER the gear box is highly susceptible to the cold. He took it out to a game a couple months ago when it was cold and after 1 shot the gear box split in two.

I have a stock TM M14 which fires great out of the box, although other AEGS firing at 350ish can out range it. Im trying to decided between upgrading it with a tightbore and 400fps or replacing my aged assualt rifle.
                              Loken

Dorsetshire Muppet Brigade
                              This is a new generation of muppet's. We r faster...stronger...and more tactical than before!

"Dont trust airsofters" - H

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jumping scotty Find out more about Jumping scotty
                              Working...
                              X