what motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what motor?

hi people, sorry if this has turned up before but i've not had much luck with the search function.
    i have a classic army m15a4 rifle firing at 350fps, however the stock motor struggled to turn the gearbox over and recetnly died,
    so i need a new motor and i'm thiniking one out of a systema magnum, systema turbo or ics 3000,

i'd appreciate feedback from anyone with experience of these motors or any other suggestions, ideally i'm after a motor that can handle a large amount of torque while also providing a decent rof with an 8.4v battery
    cheers
    will
    Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Re: what motor?

g&p 120 is your best bet, thats if you dont want to spend £70+ on a systema.
    sigpic
    Magpul CTR Stock + MOE PTS Handguard PM Me

Comment

The magnum is a waste of money, i would know, i have one...G&P m120 is awesome tho

Comment

I'd be looking for an underlying issue. 350fps (so a M100 spring) should provide no issues to any motor.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          I'd be looking for an underlying issue. 350fps (so a M100 spring) should provide no issues to any motor.
          quite right. - did you install the the spring yourself? the motor should have been fine.
          might want to get the GB looked at as something sounds a bit odd.

not used a g+p myself but I am told they are good.

Mac
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

could be an issue, the motor was quite old.
            also the spring is an m105, but after fitting a reinforced piston which the design effectively lengthens by adding an extra coil onto, the amount of torque was increased.

i've an m120 in one of my m4's so i'll see how that goes before deciding

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Element Ultra Torque.

Can't beat.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I'd go with Systema Turbo but I like to aim for the best I can afford when I upgrade.

My Classic Army M15A4 came with plastic bushings inside the gearbox, if yours did to it'd be a good idea to replace them as they're shit and can't take any wear and tear. Cheap part that will improve the performance of your gun and make it last longer. Very noticeable difference after I replaced mine with metal Promeathus ones.

Comment

I personally advise the G&P M120, the TM EG1000 is also a good relaible motor but i dont think it will be able to deliver the gain you are looking for (at least as far as ROF is concerned)

Id advise against the Systema Magnum, the biggest advantages of this motor only really kick in it the high ends of the upgrade spectrum, the motor is an absolute monster with the anti shorting fix, but at this power level it would be money wasted, with the basic internal configuration it would be inefficient to use this motor as it provides far more torque than it does speed, sure it will be better than the stock motor and you will notice it, but it sure to hell won't be worth the money you are paying for it, nor the amount it draws from your battery.

The turbo is a very fast motor, faster than the magnum unladen, but it also suffers many of the same flaws, and unreliability, high current draw, poor stock pinion gear etc all make that price that bit more annoying. There are motors out there that offer similar performance and far better relibility for a fraction of the price, the G&P M120 is just one of many.

The ICS turbo 3000 is similar to the Magnum in that it offers loads of torque, but it's also slower than the Magnum.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

+1 on the TM eg1000
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I have had a CA M15A4 with a TM EG1000. Now while it was a deffinate improvement over standard, it is by no means high speed.

Similarly if you waste your money on a Systema turbo, it would be like fitting a Lambourgini engine into a Vauxhall Vectra, with no upgrades. It might put a smile on your face but how long will it be befor you smash it up.

The G and P M120 is an excellent motor. From what I have read from another member who has posted on here the Element High Torque is a good motor but a bit slower than an M120. From either motor if set up correctly you could expect over 20 bb's a sec.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

g&p m120 looks good so far, how do people rate the new systema energy motor?

Comment

Do you not understand plain English....lol....DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON SYSTEMA MOTORS.....

Gaffa has already told you Element are as good, if you search other posts they will tell you that the Element high speed is a clone of the Turbo, with out the shielding problem, so better straight away, THE G and P M160 turbo is very quick. 5KU high speeds are cloned from Systema turbo.

If you want to mess your gear box up get one of the faster ones, if not go for mid range. M120, Element High Torque, Guarder Infinity....

If however you have set your sights on a Systema, get one. Don't let us say we told you so when the enevitable happens.
                          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

army will Find out more about army will
                          Working...
                          X