This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apparently we dont need UKRA

well. i was looking at a certain HK dealers website (top result on google), and i clicked on a part of the website marked 'For English Customers', and this informed me that it was NOT nessecary to have UKRA, because they could dissassemble your order and then send it in 2 parts, and this wouldnt need UKRA!

So is this true? or are a lot of non-reg people going to end up in the glasshouse?
    Originally posted by sparrowhawk
    Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
    Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Re: apparently we dont need UKRA

You only need some sort of a defence.

And no, orders in two parts can still be stopped, especially if going to the same address.

Please close (before this is turned into another war/ thread about UKARA etc).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnglishman View Post
      well. i was looking at a certain HK dealers website (top result on google), and i clicked on a part of the website marked 'For English Customers', and this informed me that it was NOT nessecary to have UKRA, because they could dissassemble your order and then send it in 2 parts, and this wouldnt need UKRA!

So is this true? or are a lot of non-reg people going to end up in the glasshouse?

This is the way they use to get around it... but from HK your most likely to pay tax...postage...tax again... postage and so on. Really not worth it!
      Just wait till you 18, get a ukara, and buy a nice shiny gun from the uk!
      Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

Also if they catch you, your stuff is gone. Period.

Comment

You can order it and because they are HK retailer they can legally send it but it illegal for you to buy it (yes even from abroad) with no valid defence against the VCRA.

Comment

Go to the UKARA main site and they will explain this process and how it is actually illegal as the intent is to manufacture a RIF
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I wasn't going to use it! Just thought that it was rather foolish tbh, cause it seemed like a foolish idea. Customs are hard to beat! :L

just wanted to warn people about how this isn't a way to get around UKRA!!!
              Originally posted by sparrowhawk
              Mas...sorry mate,i know you are young, but is English your first language?

Originally posted by jfox61
              Erm.. wrong website for this sort of thing.

Comment

I don't think it's illegal to import an AEG in two parts without a defence. The trouble comes when you assemble it. But HMRC aren't stupid.

Comment

Yeah, if you have no defence and intend to use it for creating a RIF, then that is illegal. HMRC may look out for this. Do don't have to use UKARA. It can be anything that proves you are over 18 and a airsofter.

Comment

Like being on an airsoft forum...

Comment

Aren't customs catching on to this now? They might let the first one in, but if they see a similar or 'buddy' part to the first going to the same address they're more likely to stop the second part.

Comment

HMRC are now aware of this trick and if they find half an airsoft gun (or a lot of parts for obviously the same gun) they hold onto them looking for the second package.

You (a general you, not aimed at the OP specifically) then risk getting done for both importing and intent to manufacture.

A seriously bad idea.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                          HMRC are now aware of this trick and if they find half an airsoft gun (or a lot of parts for obviously the same gun) they hold onto them looking for the second package.

You (a general you, not aimed at the OP specifically) then risk getting done for both importing and intent to manufacture.

A seriously bad idea.
                          Damn. This could be annoying when ordering something like a receiver. How long so they hold them before sending them on?

Comment

From what I was told by a cop who works at the ferry port, they only hold items if there seems to be enough for them to believe it's an attempt to get a gun imported in parts. Just a few bits and they don't really care.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                              From what I was told by a cop who works at the ferry port, they only hold items if there seems to be enough for them to believe it's an attempt to get a gun imported in parts. Just a few bits and they don't really care.
                              Good good. Thought that could be the reason my receiver is taking so long.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheEnglishman Find out more about TheEnglishman
                              Working...
                              X