Spray a RIF two tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray a RIF two tone

hi im not ukara registered and i was wondering if i can get the gun sprayed two tone so its legal? will i need a license for the spraying or could i diy it or any online shops thatl do it?
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Re: Spray a RIF two tone

Its not illegal to own the RIF, only to buy it buddy so its totally legal unless you wanna play. But no license is need to spray from RIF to IF.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Thanks all i know of is ******* ***** do the spray for 20 pounds is that good?
      I have a feeling this will be about as popular as a Magpul salesman at an AK convention.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadrian View Post
        Thanks all i know of is ******* ***** do the spray for 20 pounds is that good?
        no, a can costs about a fiver

Comment

Yeh but i would rather get it done well than my handywork :P

Comment

Just remember that the law says the principal colour must be on the approved list. So if black and bright green (for example) the green must be 51%, if black, brown and bright green, the green must be 34%. If 4 colour, the bright one must be 26% etc etc etc

Here's a link that includes all the approved colours you can use:

http://www.nio.gov.uk/the_violent_cr...tions_2007.pdf
            sigpic

Comment

my understanding on the matter was that it would be illegal for someone who doesnt have the defence, such as UKARA, or another means of proving they are entitled to the defence to buy a RIF or for someone to sell them one.

however if it was an IF, a two tone, then it would be legal, so long as the purchaser is over 18 yrs.

if your buying from a shop and cant prove your entitled to the defence for a RIF, then they would almost certainly spray it for you or not sell to you.

if it were the case that people who arent UKARA registered cant have RIFs and had to have two tones then there would be a serious problem with people who bought RIFs before the VCRA was brought in.

this is just my understanding of this, so if ive got it slightly wrong then feel free to add to it

Comment

If you already own it, then it's fine.

Only need to be "two tone" for sales after 2007

Comment

i understand thanks ill just tape it all up and get a spraying

Comment

I thought youd said that you already owned the gun in question? or have i misunderstood something here?

Comment

yes i already own the gun

Comment

In which case, you don't have to do anything!

Law applies to SELLING, not ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Could Not Think Of A Name View Post
                          Its not illegal to own the RIF, only to buy it buddy so its totally legal unless you wanna play. But no license is need to spray from RIF to IF.

Actually, it's the selling and import which is controled, not the buying. (Unless under 18).

Comment

Seeing as you allready own it you dont need to two tone it...

unless you want to sell it to another person that doesnt have ukara but is over 18
                            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

its because i play on private land (still visible) with friends and they want it two toned for safety and police checks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nadrian Find out more about Nadrian
                              Working...
                              X