Groundzero ringwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groundzero ringwood

Hey all I haven't played a game yet my local site would be ground zero just wondering how many people here go there on a regular basis and what to expect reception wise for a newbie I'm quite shy in person to start with lol I am trying to get my brother to join me so I don't have to come on my own for the first time at least ☺

Re: Groundzero ringwood

GZ is run by the people who own this forum. Its not my regular site but i have played at GZ. Youll be fine. Read up on the site rules prior to going and talk to the marshals when you get there and let them know it is your first skirmish.

Before running on with more possibly unneccesary info, I'll just check: is this just your first go at GZ or your first ever airsoft skirmish?

Either way, Theres a good bunch there including quite a few of the members here.

Comment

Ground Zero is a great site, very well run and laid out, with a large and friendly home crowd. It's not the easiest site for a newcomers however- it's large, and the games can take place over a large area, meaning there's a chance you can end up lost if you aren't familiar with the layout.

However, most, if not all, of the regular lads/ladies are very welcoming and more than happy to show a newcomer the best spots to hide or waste Delta from. Go along, make it known to a marshal that you are new, and be prepared to get stuck in. You won't regret it. Once you start to learn how the site links up and where you need to go, you'll have a blast.
      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Deffo the site gets better the more you know it.

Comment

It would be my first ever time at a skirmish ��

Comment

It's my local site. Trust me you'll be made very welcome and especially as a new player. I'm sure all the regulars will provide you with as much help and guidance as you need - as will the Marshalls. It's the home of the NAE, so they are well used to handling new players. You'll have a blast!
            sigpic
            Member of the Outlaw Gaming Airsoft Team
            http://www.outlawgamingairsoft.co.uk
            "It's all about the Toky"

Comment

Will probably bump into you at some point down there then with out knowing it's you lol what do newbies wear as I have a whole mtp loadout from head to toe lol don't want to look an idiot and turn up and no one else is in full bdu ��

Comment

I'd suggest maybe trying out one of their saturday game days if you can.

Much more structured and intense, the way they run it is pretty good.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Most of the regulars wear some form of camp clothing and even some of the newbies hire clothing from GZ. Overall, I reckon about 80%+ are in camo. Good suggestion from HunterAndy, the saturday games are more structured and in a smaller contained area - mainly attack/defend bases or capturing objectives. The GZ is huge and unless you tag along with some locals you may wander from the combat zone. Personally, I prefer the Sunday games, but i've been going there for years and know the site well.

I look fwd to seeing you there!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                    Most of the regulars wear some form of camp clothing
                    Newbie taking this typo at face value could be hilarious.

Comment

Lol, classic! Maybe i meant 'camp' - I mean have you seen Rich? (Only kidding mate)
                      sigpic

Comment

First site I played at earlier this year, as I only live in Ringwood. Generally a very friendly bunch. Was made to feel welcome, but I did make a bit of an effort to chat to someone parked near me. Having just done the big weekender there I won't be around for a few weeks. I'm always happy to help folks along on site. Providing they're with 'Bravo' of course!! ;-)
                        Avatar photo by Chloe of Airsoft Photography
                        www.facebook.com/ChloeAirsoftPhotography

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyclops Find out more about Cyclops
                        Working...
                        X