a little warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little warning

i stopped in a well known cheap supermarket beginning with L to grab a drink I found some Crivit 'multi sports glasses' that look almost exactly the same as my guarders even down to the way the arms clip on and the elastic strap and even the foam insert that sits inside the frame
    If it wasn't for the colour of the frames you can't tell the difference between them and guarders which worried me a little as an inexperienced person might buy them thinking they are what others have

I decided to buy a pair to test as they were only £8 which is a small price to pay if the test saves someone losing their eye
    On the first shot the lens came flying out of the frame. I tried 10 more shots and every time the lens was knocked out plus on inspection of the frame itself was showing signs of damaged

The long and the short of it is that just because these look like guarders don't mean they are as good and even from my test that I carried out (and I'd only just started to test them) these are DEFINITELY NOT SUITABLE FOR USE IN AIRSOFT

the only good bit is the case they come on which is far nicer then the guarders one and is probably worth the £8 on it's own but just make sure to throw the glasses and spare lenses in the bin

Re: a little warning

Gaurder always brand both the frame and the lenses.

Comment

Thanks for the warning but anyone dim enough to use these things probably has trouble reading what you posted...

Comment

I think we can safely say Lidl within the forum rules

Zero One don't sell all that much frozen continental food these days :D

Comment

frankly if you buy safety glasses from lidl you firmly deserve to loose your eyes!
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            I think we can safely say Lidl within the forum rules

Zero One don't sell all that much frozen continental food these days :D
            Careful mate, Lidl sell silicone spray:p
            sigpic

Comment

i'm glad some people have common sense!

If you frequent other "terminator based" forums, you might see the thread with a tit "warning others" of poor quality G&P oakley goggle copies.... he's quite happy to pay $30 shipped from the east, then miffed when it shatters with impact!

To top it off, an admin/mod is boasting/advocating £3 "safety goggles!" ah well, each to thier own, i'm glad some of us in this sport have a brain!

Comment

I have been known to wear the safety glasses that my wife wears at work as a dentist.

But, then again, they're designed to withstand a fractured bur hitting them at considerably faster than 500fps.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                  i'm glad some people have common sense!

If you frequent other "terminator based" forums, you might see the thread with a tit "warning others" of poor quality G&P oakley goggle copies.... he's quite happy to pay $30 shipped from the east, then miffed when it shatters with impact!

To top it off, an admin/mod is boasting/advocating £3 "safety goggles!" ah well, each to thier own, i'm glad some of us in this sport have a brain!
                  £3 safety specs bought from a reputable industrial supplier will confirm to all BS/EN standards and will protect your eyes perfectly well. The only downside to them generally is most of them look fugly.
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                    £3 safety specs bought from a reputable industrial supplier will confirm to all BS/EN standards and will protect your eyes perfectly well. The only downside to them generally is most of them look fugly.
                    Agreed... if they are to BS/EN then it doesent matter about the price at all.. gaurder etc are just the NIKE version of the cheaper brands.. doesent mean they are better...

Systema vs other makes etc :P

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Eye protection is probably the single most important part of all kit. It amazes me how many people want to use the cheapest eye protection available to save the pennies then wonder why they are rubbish. You only get one set of eyes...
                      Al -
                      United Kingdom Airsoft Players Union

Comment

but if its cheap and works exactly the same as a expensive brand then its just a bit stupid to buy the expensive brands
                        Originally posted by Teddykiller
                        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Youre not paying for the name, youre paying for peace of mind. When it comes to my eyes, i can NEVER have too much peace of mind...
                          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

How are the Bolle Trackers you can get from Zeroone?
                            They are only a tenner!?
                            Does that mean they suck?

Comment

It amazes me how some people can neglect their safety.
                              I would not insure my vision with £8...
                              Have seen people before who wouldn't let me test their crap looking masks because they where "afraid it would break"
                              Then why the f*** are you wearing it.

I ride a motorbike and see similar stupidity all the time... so my kevlar jeans are expensive but they'll protect me from being crippled a lot better than the tracksuits I see all these ped riders in.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rimms Find out more about Rimms
                              Working...
                              X