ghk or we gbbr ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghk or we gbbr ?

Being there is so many decent/very good gbbr out there I need a little help picking one.Im looking for... most robust/hardest recoil out of the box/ease of getting parts/high fps/most realistic operation. I will be using it on private land so fps I don't have to worry about as I will not be using it for airsoft games.i own firearms and shotguns so Im not worried about having to clean or maintain my rifle.looking to spend between 400-600 on a gbbr.so the rifles are...

we scar H
    kwa lm4c ptr
    ghk 74/akms/aims/akm
    ghk m4 ras 14.5 inch barrel
    PTS syndicate pts mega arms ar-15
    we acr msk
    tippmann m4 carbine gbb
    we ak47 pmc
    we l85
    we 416
    we m4a1

I will be at some point looking to upgrade and buy steel parts if I go for WE. I have seen a site ( not sure if im allowed to mention on here the site name ) that sell the we rifles fully upgraded so is it worth just buying a full RA tech upgraded we gbbr ? is there anything I should be looking at ? thatnks for your time lots of writing I know

Re: ghk or we gbbr ?

GHK out of the box. G5s are brilliant.

RA Tech upgraded WE stuff is good if you're alright with the expense but GHK make the best magazines out there right now. Also, the WE system is pretty dated (just like WA).

Comment

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
      RA Tech upgraded WE stuff is good
      Utter rubbish. RAT stuff is literally throwing money down the drain.
      Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Their bolts and NPASs are certainly 'better' (i.e. heavier in the case of the bolt) than stock WE ones, but I'd never recommend them over GHK - that was kind of my point. If it were an WA systems I'd be recommending Prime or some of the Ino stuff, but it's not.

Would you care to elaborate at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Proffrink View Post
          Their bolts and NPASs are certainly 'better' (i.e. heavier in the case of the bolt) than stock WE ones, but I'd never recommend them over GHK - that was kind of my point. If it were an WA systems I'd be recommending Prime or some of the Ino stuff, but it's not.

Would you care to elaborate at all?
          Retailers pulling the RATech Steel Bolt for WE and Aluminium Nozzle for WE off their stores because they caused more problems than they solved? The Bolt required serious modification to even cycle, and the Aluminium nozzle's in built NPAS that couldn't keep a stable FPS at all.
          Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

GHK if your budget will stretch. Every time

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
              Retailers pulling the RATech Steel Bolt for WE and Aluminium Nozzle for WE off their stores because they caused more problems than they solved? The Bolt required serious modification to even cycle, and the Aluminium nozzle's in built NPAS that couldn't keep a stable FPS at all.
              I was under the impression they fixed the initial issues with the NPAS a year or so ago with a new release. I've not heard of the bolt being bad at all, but you learn something new every day

Comment

The bolt is really bad. A few friends of mine love their GBBRS and have tried all the bits and pieces, but go back to a full WE set up every time because it works and is cheaper to fix when it breaks.

Comment

Having owned 2 WE GBBRs (XM177 and SCAR-L) and one GHK (AKS-74u) I'm gonna have to say that the GHK is better by a long shot. More expensive in the beginning, but overtime as WE parts break and wear out the GHK will keep running and you'll end up spending less on repairs.

Comment

I'm a bit of a WE fan and it's done me well for the past 2+ years. As above, it's relatively cheap to fix when things do eventually break.

Breakages-wise I've only had to replace the following (over 3+ WE rifles) due to wear a tear:
                    Bolt release x1
                    1x Nozzle

It is pretty realistic, if realism is what you're after.

Upgrade parts-wise I have had experiences with both the Angrygun and RA-tech bolts and I'm afraid to say that the RA-tech bolt has caused nothing but problems for me (had to file down the bolt itself just so I could rack it!).

My Angrygun bolt and RA-tech bolts has been modded to give out a stupidly high FPS (with heavy recoil) to try and increase the realism. I have only had 1 problem with it since I got it and that was when the bolt got wrecked. A quick message to Angrygun later and I got a free replacement with a newer reinforced version.

Of the potential rifles you have listed I have the following:

We L85 (stock)
                    We 416 (upgraded with AG heavy recoil kit)
                    We M4 x2 (converted to L119A1 short and UGL. RA-tech bolt in one, AG bolt in the other. Angry gun heavy recoil kit)

Comment

Bought a standard we m14 and a fully upgraded ratech m4 a few years ago the we m14 worked fine but the ratech m4 never worked at all. It was so bad I would never buy anything by ratech ever again.
                      I have a ghk m4,ak and g5 and I would say the ak is better than the m4 but the g5 is by far better than either. I also have a tippman m4 which apart from rof issues in fullauto it is very reliable with very little to go wrong if you go with hpa.

Comment

At the end of the day it comes down to how much your willing to spend. WE's are excellent starter GBBRs with a decent level of reliability, ive had 3 G36s, SCAR H, SCAR L, x2 M4s, L85, MP5 all great. The G36s ran to about 15k rounds before any major issues started, SCAR L is an original closed bolt converted to open which is still shooting strong. Same as the M4 but the hop is a little buggered. L85 needs some tweaking but overall good.

Best bet is to leave it alone apart from a new inner barrel (6.03mm), a new hop rubber and an NPAS or restriction disc. However many of the WE EU GBBRs now come shooting 330/340 as standard.

I also hate RA-Tech except for their barrels which are cheap and good.

GHK perfect out the box - for the most part. The AK ideally needs a new hop chamber as it can crack and occasionally the mag lips need filing to feed 100% but its easily done. Very reliable and a rock solid platform with brilliant magazines that massively reduce cooldown.

I would go for a GHK if your budget allows and it just so happens im selling one lol

Comment

I do a lot of work on GBBR's and I could sit here and spend hours writing about the pros and cons of each design, but frankly, I haven't got the time.

At the mo, my preference list goes as follows (where there are multiple options):

M4: GHK > ViperTech > WE > LM4/Mega Arms > VFC (Gen 3.5 bolt) > Inokatsu (a stupidly overpriced product with sub-standard performance out of the box) > King Arms > AGM (and other budget WA clones) > GHK/G&G drop in GBB conversion kit.
                          AK: GHK > WE > KWA
                          MP5: WE > VFC
                          G36: WE > VFC

Everything else? It's the Henry Ford choice: one manufacturer, or nothing.

With regards to RA-Tech, i've not been impressed with a single product they've brought to market. Their barrels ain't much cop, they use cheap crappy steel in their FCG's, they stupidly change the geometry of components when they don't need to (which has knock on effects). They are literally the last after market parts I will recommend (with the exception of some of TSC's parts). I'll stop the rant there, or i'll end up listing *every* component of theirs i've tested and found wanting - and I don't want to be typing till 5am.

Comment

its going to be a GHK gbbr on the way in the post then after reading all this just need to pick between the m4 or a ak variant ... is there any other gbbr manufacture I should be looking at ? or any ghk rifle coming out in the near future I should wait for ?

Comment

Have had a WE M4A1 for around 6 months now. Shoot it regularly with. 28's plinking at tin cans and it has not missed a beat. All stock OEM parts. I Bought a spare trigger box off this forum, just in case, but not needed yet. I shoot it regularly.

Recently bought a WE Ak74un and upgraded all the trigger internals with Ra-tech and fitted the FG Airsoft buffer/Rof spring. It's a brute!

Never had a GHK manufactured gun, but I will get one at some point. Hopefully they'll release something like a GBB Sterling, but for the time being I can't say a bad word against the WE or KWA guns I own (Mac11 and Skorpion for kwa)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RootintootinShooting Find out more about RootintootinShooting
                              Working...
                              X