Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNX-45 = Help needed with accessories

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of help/clarification really as I'm struggling to locate half of what I am looking for and what would be the best to use without spending fortunes.

I have one coming soon, and having looked at some of the pictures in the other section I want to add to it what everyone else seems to have lol, but namely;

RMR Sight
    Osprey Suppressor

I am having difficulty with the RMR as there are many on the bay of E, but from what I can gather from some people they won't hold zero correctly. Then I gather that there are different mounting plates you can get and some are thinner than others etc, etc.

Basically I'm trying to find out what people would believe to be the best to use, and also where other people have bought theirs from?

Thanks

Dan

Re: FNX-45 = Help needed with accessories

You need the ACE Arms RMR (hard to get hold of and there is an Asian site selling them but they are on preorder as I'm waiting for a second one)

The Osprey although ace looking is a bit heavy tbh - I skipped that myself as couldn't justify it having a dead weight on the front.

I've added the following to mine:

Ace Arms RMR
    New Hop rubber (existing VFC one is a bit meh)
    Azimuth low profile steel RMR mount (better than the stock one)
    Lightweight blowback housing unit (speeds up recoil even quicker)
    Orange Tritium fishing lure inserts of ebay for a fiver each (poke out fake ones and simply insert red, blue, orange, green or purple ones)
    Extra mag

Comment

OK awesome thanks for the input - so do you not use a suppressor at all then? I know they're only really cosmetic anyway, but I personally haven't felt the weight on the sprey so don't know how good or bad they are to use so will yield to your judgement on it lol.

Would you mind telling me where you sourced the other items from?

Cheers

Comment

I have an Osprey (8 inch) that i use on mine, and ive not felt like its made any negative impact to the pistol itself, still cycles cleanly and locks back on empty. The only issue i encountered was the inner barrel in the osprey didnt match with the inner barrel on the fnx so it was shaving one side off the bb and sending it wildly to the left.
        I had an RMR mounted to mine as well (have both the Azimuth and the A1A mount plate) but havent used it as i cant get on with it (the way the RMR sits its still just easier to use the stock iron sights, so it was just a look thing).
        Only other external accessory was an Emerson X300 clone, internally im running a Maple Leaf diamond hop rubber and I-Key plate (both worthwhile upgrades as Fitch has said the VFC one is a bit meh).
        "I'm three sheets to the wind, and i haven't even left the harbour!"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

n00b Find out more about n00b
        Working...
        X