X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are KSC GBBs any good?

Hi all,

Im quite interested in the KSC mp7,

I don't know much about KSC, so I was wandering what the ******* ***** thinks of them.

How reliable are they?
    How easy is it to get mags and upgrades?
    What are they like in cold conditions?
    What is the FPS like?

Any info would be great.

Taa all

Mole

Re: Are KSC GBBs any good?

Originally posted by Mole1811 View Post
    Hi all,
    Im quite interested in the KSC mp7,[/QUOTE] Good luck finding one new atm.

I don't know much about KSC, so I was wandering what the ******* ***** thinks of them.
    They are good gbb guns. There are many reviews on this and other forums and the internet in general.

How reliable are they?
    Very, so long as you maintain them
    How easy is it to get mags and upgrades?
    Very
    What are they like in cold conditions?
    As good as any other. All dependant on gas used and internals of the gun.
    What is the FPS like?
    Depends on gas used and internals of the gun.

Any info would be great.

Taa all

Mole
    If you had looked in the review section of this forum or of any other forum or of the internet in general you would find hundreds of detailed reviews that cove all the questions you have asked.

Comment

KSC GBB guns are flawless as far as im concered, ive had lots a problmes with TM GBB.

Comment

Cheers

Comment

used it a few times great gun recommend it

Comment

i love my ksc glock 26c <3 best gbb ive ever had (but i do hate 1911's and hicapas)
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

If you're after a KSC/KWA MP7, they can be had in the UK for as little as £285.
              Beware, if you get the KWA/Umarex version it WILL need downgrading to be used in UK sites (400-430fps stock). Most ones available in the UK are 300-330fps stock, best check with the retailer you get it from first.

Mag/upgrade availability is pretty good in the UK, better from HK. You don't need any upgrades for them OOTB, maybe bag yourself a couple of spare hop rubbers if you order from HK, and if you get the KSC Japan version, you'll need a readyfighter enhanced loading nozzle.

Cold weather performance is excellent. When I got mine, it was snowing outside. Able to let off 3 mag loads of BBs per fill in single shot outdoors, damn good for the cold. Now it has warmed up, only getting 2 1/2 mags per fill - not entirely sure why.

If you want to get an adjustable NPAS valve for it from RATECH, wait for the version 3 to come out, as the V1 has a manufacturing flaw meaning the base shears off during use. The V2 reportedly lowers FPS sub-300.

As for reliability, very good. The only problem I've had was due to the airsoft innovations silicon oil in the propane I was using. Basically, don't add oil to the propane and you'll be fine. If too much lube gets into the rubber, it will swell and cause feeding issues.

If you want to know anything else, let me know.

Comment

If too much lube gets into the rubber, it will swell and cause feeding issues.
                Seconded. I've had this problem too. If this happens, once it stops feeding, and you can't resolve the problem, try adjusting, then readjusting the hop, and it will sort of fix itself.

As a whole the MP7 is incredible. The rate of fire is spectacular, and it makes a superbly loud noise. The blowback is very good. It's a weighty little gun, and feels and looks terrific. The flip up sights are particularly handsome.

I bought mine second hand from a friend, who had the bolt or whatever replaced with the steel version, and the valve replaced with the better, white one, which can take top gas / green gas. Apparently, even the 'system 7' should only be used with 134a unless you make this upgrade. But I dunno. Mine takes the gas fine.

However, I think because my valve has not been fitted properly, sometimes it will not feed gas, meaning when you pull the trigger, it acts as though it has no gas at all. If I reach through the breach and poke the valve a bit, it sometimes cooperates, but it's very annoying to have an unreliable gun that sometimes won't fire.

The range is okay, maybe my hop needs readjusting to get a straighter shot, and it fires at about 1.2/3 joules. Dunno about outdoor performance, as mine has only been a CQB weapon so far.

Nice gun, recommended. But not without it's hiccups.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                Working...
                X