low cap mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low cap mags

hi guys i will be looking for 10 low cap mp5 and 10 low cap m4 mags in the near future and just wondered if they know anywhere in the UK that does a box of ten or individually at a decent price??

Thanks
    Originally posted by ste887
    yes but multicam is the new black
    and black is the new gay

Re: low cap mags

i know Z1 do box of 10 mags for both! ur best bet i think

Comment

yea i saw those but do 85 rounds (M4) and 95 round (MP5) count as low caps? a standard Marui for both is 68 rounds iirc so its not far off.
      Im planning on going to ****** ***** Urban which only allow standard size and also UCAP which just says "no box mags" which says to me you can use hi caps but if anyone has been to both/either and can clarify it for me that would be great
      and black is the new gay

Comment

Originally posted by airsoft_ben_1989 View Post
        yea i saw those but do 85 rounds (M4) and 95 round (MP5) count as low caps? a standard Marui for both is 68 rounds iirc so its not far off.
        Im planning on going to ****** ***** Urban which only allow standard size and also UCAP which just says "no box mags" which says to me you can use hi caps but if anyone has been to both/either and can clarify it for me that would be great
        Yeah, they're mids. Lows are "real steel" usually, so about 30 rounds.
        Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

STAR (aka ARES) Airsoft make boxes of Ten 30 round magazines of the MP5 and the STANAG M4/M16 magazines. They are usually around the £40 mark and most of the time these days, gone. So look hard enough and you'll find some.
          sigpic
          http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

fair enough ill just have to get twice as many mags then lol
            and black is the new gay

Comment

I've got the ARES 85rd x10 boxset of M4 mags, pretty damn sturdy tbh
              Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

By the way, if you get 30 round mags you will actually only get 25-26 bbs out of each, because of the 4 or five will stay in the hopup unit.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                  By the way, if you get 30 round mags you will actually only get 25-26 bbs out of each, because of the 4 or five will stay in the hopup unit.
                  hmm thats something to think about too. im interested, what size mags like how many rounds (not mid cap etc) do all you use at urban sites when there are restrictions, cos i have seen quite a few different size mags claiming to be low caps
                  and black is the new gay

Comment

generally its 0-60 rounds = low caps. 61-170ish = midcaps. 171 + = hi-cap.

i say 170ish for midcaps since mp5 hi-caps have almost the same capacity as some mid-caps.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoft_ben_1989 View Post
                      hmm thats something to think about too. im interested, what size mags like how many rounds (not mid cap etc) do all you use at urban sites when there are restrictions, cos i have seen quite a few different size mags claiming to be low caps
                      Haven't done CQB, but I currently carry 8 (100rd-ish) midcaps with my MP5, and they've always seen me through a game.
                      Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

I always thought it was classed as a low cap if it was single stack, mid cap if it was double stack and high cap if it's got all the windy gubbins. Capacity follows the way it feeds, not the other way around. That's why you get low caps that are around 60-70 rounds sometimes. Also, you don't have to completely fill mags. If you buy 60 round ones then you can just half fill them and then you've got a 30 rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by mark1989 View Post
                          you don't have to completely fill mags. If you buy 60 round ones then you can just half fill them and then you've got a 30 rounder.
                          thats a fair point actually. surely as long as your not obviously using hi caps, like blatantly winding your mag then mids would be fine
                          and black is the new gay

Comment

Have a look on the bay.
                            I was looking at some earlier, but really wanted mids.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

airsoft_ben_1989 Find out more about airsoft_ben_1989
                            Working...
                            X