Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone make their own parts?

Hey Guys,

Just got another L96 and decided I want to make my own internals, it's the Well clone of the TM L96 AWS, I started by drawing up all the original parts in CAD then tweaking, literally only started tonight so not made any big changes yet, plan is for a bearing pistonhead and bearing spring guide and some way of using spacers to to adjust FPS minutely by compressing the spring more, got some ideas for it but not drawn it up into the software yet, was interested if anyone else has done something similar? Currently working at BAE Systems (Euro fighter Typhoon, Hawk, Tornado and some other bits) so should hopefully be able to get access to a lathe. Like I said the parts are near enough same as standard for now as a base for me to add any modifications too. Also hopefully going to get round to doing a trigger box at some point too.

Also just to note the bearing on the spring guide was just something I was looking at, will more than likely use a thrust race style bearing like the more conventional AEG pistonheads.

Interested to hear your thoughts,

Thanks,
    Arran

Re: Anyone make their own parts?

No point in going for both a bearing piston head and a bearing spring guide - just go for a bearing spring guide as ideally you want the piston to be as light as possible. As to BAE.....I wouldn't shout that too loudly. Those of us who spent a considerable proportion of their previous career at MoD tend to get the red mist when talking about those incompetent rip-off merchants

Comment

Crank these out and i will be interested as i have the same rifle as you!
      Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
        No point in going for both a bearing piston head and a bearing spring guide - just go for a bearing spring guide as ideally you want the piston to be as light as possible. As to BAE.....I wouldn't shout that too loudly. Those of us who spent a considerable proportion of their previous career at MoD tend to get the red mist when talking about those incompetent rip-off merchants
        I hear that alot its slightly concerning Swapped to a double o-ring piston head design now, still unsure about piston bearings, with or without both seem to have merits, might test both to see what gets best consistency.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

arran-turner Find out more about arran-turner
        Working...
        X