Selling and posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling and posting

I'm thinking about selling one of my guns but i haven't ever sold one before. Could somebody tell me how i would go about sending an airsoft gun in the post? It would be very much appreciated.

Re: Selling and posting

Make:
    Gun/Model:
    Accessories:
    Condition:
    FPS:
    Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:
    Price/Payment:
    Pictures:

simples
    Last edited by Rampage; 17 May, 2010, 00:44.

Comment

I think he means shipping.

Parcel farce, UPS, city link, interlink are all used.

Comment

posting, i simply use the origional box, if you still have it. Wrap it in bin bags and parcel tape on 5 or 6 points around the box depending on size.

then take it to the post office and post it using a recorded mail so you can track its progress.
        Originally posted by Teddykiller
        I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

ok, but considering its an airsoft gun do i need to provide any papers ect? special delivery stickers or... :\

Comment

No, I normally don't.... Don't put anything on the outside.

It may be ideal to put a brief notice inside the box stating "Airsoft Replica Firearm - fires 6mm ball bearings and cannot be converted to use live or blank ammunition"

Don't dismiss Royal Mail, they're quite good. + DHL.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I've always used parcelforce and you can typically send and aeg in the post for about £15 and they even pick it up as well
              sigpic

Comment

Wrap in proper parcel paper. Black bin bags aren't very good. Include the notice above just in case,

Put address on front, clearly, take to post office. They give you how much, depending on weight, and it arrives the day after. It's how I sent my shotgun to it's buyer, and it was both quicker and cheaper than Parcelfail.
                Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                  Wrap in proper parcel paper. Black bin bags aren't very good. Include the notice above just in case,
                  I'd say the exact opposite, dont use brown paper, use good quality black bags and dont skimp on the parcel tape. I've worked in the parcel industry for 12 years and parcel paper tears very easilly, good thickness black bags and lots of parcel tape is far more secure.

I've sent and received more than 100 RIFs and Royal Mail or Parcel Force are fine, if you can manage it (depends on the PO you go to) first class recorded is the cheapest and most reliable service out there.
                  HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                    I'd say the exact opposite, dont use brown paper, use good quality black bags and dont skimp on the parcel tape. I've worked in the parcel industry for 12 years and parcel paper tears very easilly, good thickness black bags and lots of parcel tape is far more secure.
                    I've found a few layers of black pallet wrap works well, along with tape.

Comment

Asda sell Rubble sacks, same section as the bin liners. They are blue and very thick, thats what I use.

Comment

alternatively you can pop into Sainsbury's and nick a few 'walkers' boxes :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jaskin1992 Find out more about jaskin1992
                        Working...
                        X