Night vision for night games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night vision for night games

Hi guys, just want some input as to what people use regarding night vision and night games. will hopefully buy a piece once i get a job want to hear what you use and how good it is.

Cheers

Re: Night vision for night games

i am looking at buying some ATN viper 1x24 monocular with a free headmount, i believe my friend has the same one an it was really good to look through

Comment

free headmount? where from

Comment

If your looking for night vision the best bet is Generation 1 night vision.

As Strettman has said, the ATN range is really good value, on Bebay, you can get a pair for just over £200 if your lucky.

Gen 1 night vision is simplest but works well to about 60meters in moonlight. Was first used in Vietnam

But Anything over Gen 1 is a huge price hike, gen 2 is about 500 pound. Military spec, gen 4 is really expensive, but you can see well over several kilometers in pitch black.

Comment

Yeah was aiming for gen 1, there are a pair of atn vipers on ebay with head gear for £90 no bids but i dont have the money at the moment.

Comment

I'd advise checking a very informative thread on Arnies about this.

The general conclusion is Gen1 works in the garden, but is totally impractical in airsoft as it needs constant re focusing, and does not work very well.

Gen 2 & 3 were actually any good, but costed loads.

In the end it was kind of agreed that no point bothering with Gen1, and Gen 2 & Gen 3 were only really worth it is you were Mil Sim and had money to throw about.

Comment

Just fantasising, eh mini snipa? We all do it

Another time perhaps.

Comment

Another time indeed owain lol

Gen 2..hmm they cost around a grand a lot of money for a night game for the weekender lol

i think for my night vision ill just buy a small angle torch to go onto my harness and a tracer unit for the pistol lol

Comment

i disagree
                  GEN 1 can be used effectivly if you know how - dont expect to keep it on all the time and run around seeing in the dark

if you use it for spotting enemies and coordinating allies it can be used really effectivly- especiall if its a green area and you are well camoflagued (or in a ghillie)

yes its slow to focus but gen 1 does have very good quality and your IR range cna be extended using an IR torch - weapon mountable ones are available that are much better than the built in light (will give your position away to enemies)

also NV can be used to spot other NV users so you can leave your IR off just wear them and you will see the enemy NV users - coordinate your team to take them out and your team gain a small advantage in the battle
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Cheapest NV you can buy is from your local supermarket. It only costs a £1. You can find them in all veg area's and there orange. :p
                    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                    Maruzen APS Type 96
                    TM P226, Tac Master .
                    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Originally posted by Prev View Post
                      Cheapest NV you can buy is from your local supermarket. It only costs a £1. You can find them in all veg area's and there orange. :p
                      Right bugger to focus though, and wearing them properly can be tricky.
                      AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

gen one is NOT that good.... Gen one is fairly crap, apart from the focus issue, it requires an illuminator... anyone else with nightvis will see you as if you had a torch on... and if thiers is above gen one... you wont see them.... If you arent prepared to buy gen 2 or 3, save yourself a few hundred an buy a torch intead... same thing...

Comment

Most Gen1 night visions come with built in IR illuminators.

What i thought was, bring a IR flood light. Will turn the airsoft site into day through the night vision without anyone seeing it. Ofcourse, if the other team has night vision which they will, it will just give away your position.

Comment

that was my point... it reuires illumination, built in or not, it still lights you up like a christmas tree to anyone with NVG too

Comment

If you're defending, cheap and easy option is to string cyalume glowsticks in the trees around your position. Your position wont be given away, and you can see people moving past it.

You can also (reputedly) fire glowsticks from 203s with the correct padding but Id take that with a pinch of salt...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiniSnipa Adam Purcell, 17, Student, Brockenhurst College Studying Uniformed public services Find out more about MiniSnipa
                              Working...
                              X