Nuprol 0.43g bb swelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuprol 0.43g bb swelling

Just came to use this after being on the shelf in their bottle inside not in garage or anywhere with large temperature changes and they jammed in my pistol. Measured their diammeter with digital vernier caliper and they are 6.15 to 6.18mm!!😱 measured my nuprol 0.3s and they were pretty much all 5.95. Surely this shouldn't happen pretty rubbish if you ask me won't be buying them again

Re: Nuprol 0.43g bb swelling

Ohh and normally use them in a sniper rifle was just curious as to fps in my deagle lol

Comment

There was a problem with the old batches of nuprol. Everyone seemed to be having issues, though don't hear much now as they seemed to sort the issue out.

Comment

had the same thing, about half a year ago. Using the rockets now, which are pretty fantastic.

Comment

I'm not sure if I had the same problem or not but bought some tester packs to try in my WA sv infinity custom and they kept jamming and would not enter my barrel, I will never buy their BB's again, lol or their gas for that matter that's not great either..

For target shooting comps I use 0.36 Geoffs I found them to be more accurate then any other brand I have tried in my WA sv infinity, but they are expensive.. But for general use I Kingdom airsoft BB's great value and great quality, no internal air bubbles and highly polished..
          ATB Marc
          Some Guns In My Collection:
          Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
          My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

Basically all weights over .36g are hydrophilic these days. Nuprol have had issues in the past, but they're not alone in using strange swelling materials - BB King are a good example of another brand that come in a sealed bag with silica gel to mitigate moisture. I'd say go with a brand that packages their product correctly, and try to use them within 3-6 months of breaking the seal.

Comment

Strange; I use these BB's too. Never had any issues, should I switch?

Comment

It really depends on how long it's been since you opened them (or maybe since they were produced as the Nuprol ones aren't sealed in an airtight container?), and I know Nuprol have changed some things up since their release so maybe this isn't the case any longer with them at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital View Post
                  Strange; I use these BB's too. Never had any issues, should I switch?
                  Well. Just to update this thread to anyone that ever reads it in future and hasn't read my help thread:

If you have any Nurpol bb's. Burn them. Burn them all. Take a plane half way around the world in order to bury the ashes. Bury it 10m deep at the very least and surround with a ring of salt.
                  Then run. Very far away.

I got a swollen relatively new .43 that was sealed in the very bottle it came with (for less than a month) stuck in my R-hopped Edgi. Now I didn't buy these very long ago so either Nurpol still needs to sort their **** out or the shop I bought them from had a lot of backstock. Hopefully the latter.

I finally got it out after some panicking by sourcing a 16 inch+ plastic rod from a friends pcp air pistol cleaning kit. The BB's, while they did come out, did not do so easily and do not seem to be swollen until measured.

Maybe don't got to quite the extent of destroying them that I recommended, but If I were you I would steer well clear.

-Digital

Comment

Digital how much did that bottle cost you mine cost £24 i could have played a game for that price. And your right they need to be dumped far far away with the tooth fairy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

They are best suited for the bin IMO, you do get what you pay for with these.
                      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Send the bbs in their bottle to WE and ask for an opinion on why they have swelled and that you require replacements like all goods they are warrantied and they might send you some goodies worth a try.

Curlyboy
                        'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Constantly jammed in my ICS M4,Absolute airsoft banned their use due to shattering,see their website for info

Comment

To curlyboy: Well, WE Nurpol doesn't have any contact method on their website but their Facebook & Twitter. Nurpol then says on their facebook to raise any issues or enquiries with your local dealer (no not that type.... xD).

I contacted where I bought them from to inform them that, although i wasn't looking for any compensation, they should check if any remaining stock is swelling. They replied to say that they had taken down all remaining stock of nurpol .43's and they offered to give me a new bottle of a different brand (.2's and a lot cheaper but a lot more in the bottle so it works out to the same rough price).
                            I may try now with actual WE instead of WE nurpol, I'll let you know how it goes.

To 46templar it was a couple of months back but I think it was about that too! Stupidly priced but I can't really complain too much as on the day I opened them they worked a wonder in my gun! (Shooting 220fps for Joule Creep).

Comment

Digital you got a better response than me when I enquired about their quality,anyone catch the bad batch of Excel's?..I'll stick to Blasters they've never let us down..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chaz_r33_gtr Find out more about chaz_r33_gtr
                              Working...
                              X