Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max power, min self destruct?

I am in need of some collective advice.

For my sins i have got involved in competition shooting. By far the run away favourite pistol of choice is a modified Hi-Cappa but i hate the damned things. I have been using a WE Glock 17 Gen 4 with a few upgrades but have found that too much bang for your buck destroys the slides

I am undecided which class to ultimately start competing in so i need info on 2 styles of pistols.

Classic: WW2 looking 1911, no rails etc.

Modern: Looking for a modern "service weapon" but one that doesn't have the additional safety on the side of the gun such as 1911, M92 and Browning does. If the safety is there, it must be applied when holstering and released on draw prior to shooting. The trigger only safety on the Glock allows for that fraction of a second faster engagement which in some competitions will make a difference.

I want the gun I can get maximum power through without destroying it (in both standard and classic classes). My WE Glock was sweet for the cardboard targets but lacked the power on some of the metal falling plates. It was trying to remedy this we discovered that Guarder black destroys them!

For the purposes of this lets assume money is no object as over the months i can piece together the right tool for the job.

Thanks in advance
    Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
    VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
    VFC 416c, 416d AEG
    HERA arms Glock chassis

Re: Max power, min self destruct?

The new WE M&P style guns are meant to be pretty good and from what I understand you can buy CO2 mags for them? The Cybergun FNX is meant to be a beast as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Competitive shooting with BB guns?

Comment

Originally posted by McKillmore View Post
        Competitive shooting with BB guns?
        That was my first thought too..steel or plastic for that matter..

Comment

Since the ban on traditional handguns the pistol shooting community turned to air pistols (.177 and .22) and yes, Airsoft pistols.

The European championships were held in the UK this year.
          Away from UK until June / July. Happy to still buy but sales will be harder due to not being home.

Wanted:
          VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
          VFC 416c, 416d AEG
          HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

TM 1911, swap safety for pin, put on some kind of steel frame, use a steel detonics slide.
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzleflash View Post
              That was my first thought too..steel or plastic for that matter..
              Yup trust me with the right gun and using the right BB's lol and of course with a good shooter holding the gun airsoft and airguns can be using for competition target shooting, I speed shooting or Ipas etc.

This is what my WA Sv infinity custom is capable of at 20ft..

Happy shooting all
              Some Guns In My Collection:
              Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Gold Match - Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - WE Mak - Colt SAA .45 - & More
              My Youtube Review/Shooting Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmI...TEBvLnSJ7XCh1g

Comment

I have taken a punt on the APS Glock and the APS dragonfly - which is just another Glock with a fancy slide and stippled grip.

Running them on CO2 is working well for me and there seems to be more than enough bang to punch holes in the papers and drop the steels even at distances greater than i will be expected to shoot at.

Wanted:
                VFC 416c, 416d, 417 GBBR
                VFC 416c, 416d AEG
                HERA arms Glock chassis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bryan Mills Find out more about Bryan Mills
                Working...
                X