masada tight bore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• masada tight bore?

hey guys, i have a a&k masada and want a tight bore barrel but my standard barrel is 407mm, and want to know whether a 363 m4 tightbore would be ok to put in it as its the closest size i can get/find???
    sigpic

Re: masada tight bore??

Yes it's fine, I have a prommy in mine.

Although there seems to be a QC issue as I don't think my original barrel was 407!

EDIT - if you can get your hands on some calipers I've just checked and mine seems to be coming out at 6.01mm/ 6.02mm. That would explain me getting worse results with the prommy.

Nevermind.

EDIT 2 - RE post #3 - Quality control, and I've just measured mine now, it's 407 as well. Sorry.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

sorry, QC? what size is yours?
      sigpic

Comment

Should be fine, the BB will have to free fly last few cm - but nothing major.

Comment

it will be good , but try and get a 450mm and cut it down with a pipe cutter blade ,

Comment

I don't see the point of hacking a precision barrel to a 10th of a mm with a crude tool.

The extra 4cm is going to gain nothing, and the manual work will not be as accurate as the machined barrel (so lose any benefit!)

Comment

it not a crude tool if used properly and gently,

ive used one many times on rifles and pistols ,

works brilliantly ,

done it with a madbull v2 barrel and saved loads on trying to get the CQB set for my masada

Comment

yeah, i just dont want to get it and it doesnt fit the outer barrel if you no what i mean
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah it'll fit that fine.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

yeah, now im just wondering is there anyway of changing the hopup system to an m4/m16 hopup?
                    sigpic

Comment

It has been done, but i can't see it being an easy job

Comment

oh dear, i have a double feeding problem and im going to swap the hop rubbers from my ca p90 and see if it helps, other than that i dunno. how easy is it to change the air seal nozzle? thought hard to get one.
                        sigpic

Comment

It uses SR25 air nozzles, And you have to delve into the gearbox to change it. So if your not savvy when it comes to internal gearbox workings i'd give it to someone who knows what they are doing. there is a youtube guide of how to get to the gearbox, and then mechbox.com to see a gearbox takedown

Comment

Yeah it's possible to put a Systema Hop Unit in there. But then you lose the QC barrel design.

http://www.tkoverkill.com/showthread...10252#pid10252

Check pictures half way down.

As for the ASN, you're going to need to get a SR-25 one first; but metal ones are available. You need to open the gearbox to be able to change it.

Comment

ill have a look at that. im good with my hands, so ill have a look and decide about air nozzle
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris_taylor me, a handsome chap :D Find out more about chris_taylor
                              Working...
                              X