Ordering RIF From HK - Any Troubles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering RIF From HK - Any Troubles?

Has anybody had any experience ordering a RIF from Hong Kong in terms of what customs do.

Basically for one reason or another I'm not on the UKARA database. Although I am perfectly entitled to buy a RIF (22 & regular for nearly 3 years now!), ofcourse none of the major UK shops will sell to me.

I've got some bits to order from HK anyway, and it works out about £20 cheaper for this pistol taking into account postage and custom fees.

But... have customs in the past cared. Or have they asked for proof of some kind?

James

Re: Ordering RIF From HK - Any Troubles?

Yeah they've asked for proof in the past, but only on one occasion.

Often it normally involves a letter to the address it's being posted to with a phone number to call up. If there's any problems regarding UKARA etc, could you not ask your site owner to speak to the guys at customs to confirm you're a skirmisher?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I'm sure I could cope with that!

Comment

wtf Jag, you skirmish at several sites, how the hell are you not a UKARA member

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

He might be having the same issue a lot of our members are having right now - Site Insurance issues.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

My old one expired in Jan, and that sight is no longer there. Both my local sites require 2 passport pictures for their membership.... and I've not got round to that basically :D

This will be the first "brand new" weapon I purchased since my original two tone back in 2007 - so not really needed a UKARA number yet!

Comment

get a site to sort out a ukara number for you then if you've been playing long enough, ive played regularly at 3 sites over the past 3 years and am not a member of any of them but they still sorted my ukara out (thank you fireball, much love).

when i did order from hk i just got them to write my ukara number is massive letters on the outside
              back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Mostly, if you get them to put your UKARA on the box and all the necessary gubbins, you shouldnt have a problem. BUT considering you dont have UKARA yet, my advice would be to wait. One of the guys who runs my local site ordered a revolver from HK, and the shop forgot to put his details on the package. Customs stripped it down to the bones and broke half the parts, and prompty told him to get stuffed when he wanted to complain. They dont want to be a pain in the ass, but they are more than entitled to do this if they suspect foul play, so make sure you have talked to customs, AND all your details are printed and such
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

cant you use a mates ukara number?

Comment

Originally posted by Renni 95 View Post
                    cant you use a mates ukara number?
                    I assume you mean getting a mate who's registered to buy it themselves, then sell it to Jag as they know he's a regular player.

I'm sure you wouldn't be suggesting something illegal, would you
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
                      He might be having the same issue a lot of our members are having right now - Site Insurance issues.
                      I'm having that one right now :/

Switching it on the 5th to my new regular anyways, so shouldn't be too bad.
                      Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                        I assume you mean getting a mate who's registered to buy it themselves, then sell it to Jag as they know he's a regular player.

I'm sure you wouldn't be suggesting something illegal, would you
                        Oh of course not, as robin said above this is what i meant

Comment

You will need a UKARA to get a rif through customs, or your gun will be going to visit "my one"... Hmm.
                          G&G GR16 BlowBack -VCRA
                          LS M9 - VCRA
                          Originally posted by Fenriz
                          When you buy a SRC G36 it automatically increases girth and length tenfold.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemk2 View Post
                            You will need a UKARA to get a rif through customs, or your gun will be going to visit "my one"... Hmm.
                            Actually RIF's have gotten through customs without UKARA. Likewise they have also not gotten through Customs with it.

It is all around YOU proving your right to have them. As above someone mentioned asking the Site to prove it. Perfectly fine and has been done in the past.

If they believe you do not have the requirements to have it, away it goes. Just like Customs cracking done on RIF's imported in parts.

Comment

I've ordered well over 75% of my brand new airsoft rifles, pistols etc from outside of the country, and most of that was from HK. I had no UKARA the first time a package was held up, and all it took was a quick phone call from a local site and everything was fine...
                              Trader Feedback:
                              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X