Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner to airsoft.

Hi everyone,

Literally new to airspot in the fact I haven't even played a game yet! Just trying to get advice before I step into the world of pellets flying past my ears etc. I'm guessing it's best to hire equipment before I go spending a fortune to realise I may not in fact like the sport?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Re: Beginner to airsoft.

Welcome! When I first started I hired equipment to make sure I enjoyed the sport. Though hiring can be quite expensive. After you know you like the game of airsoft you can start looking for a rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by xiwebaaix View Post
      Welcome! When I first started I hired equipment to make sure I enjoyed the sport. Though hiring can be quite expensive. After you know you like the game of airsoft you can start looking for a rifle!
      Cheers did think that was the best way to go. Not sure my other half will be too happy once I end up getting into it but hey we all need some freedom to let off steam lol. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

Comment

Then a pistol or ten, a shotgun, several smgs and a couple of sniper rifles. And a support gun
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
        It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

Hi Karl im a newbie aswel and you can get carried away with airsoft but its well worth the laugh and i hope you enjoy it as i do

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 46templar View Post
            Hi Karl im a newbie aswel and you can get carried away with airsoft but its well worth the laugh and i hope you enjoy it as i do

Cheers mate I plan too. Has anyone heard of r.i.f.t airsoft in uk? Think I will try there first and hopefully get into/become obsessed with it really quick.

Comment

Originally posted by karloscivic View Post
              Has anyone heard of r.i.f.t airsoft in uk? Think I will try there first and hopefully get into/become obsessed with it really quick.
              RIFT is a great set of sites for beginners. Their hire guns are all of a high quality, and the staff are very welcoming to first timers (I had my first skirmishes at their Cottenham site, and it's still my regular go-to place). They'll sort you out with whatever information you need, and help you get into the swing of it (they'll do your UKARA registration for you too, if after a few games you decide you want to buy your own guns)

Comment

Originally posted by Greg147 View Post
                RIFT is a great set of sites for beginners. Their hire guns are all of a high quality, and the staff are very welcoming to first timers (I had my first skirmishes at their Cottenham site, and it's still my regular go-to place). They'll sort you out with whatever information you need, and help you get into the swing of it (they'll do your UKARA registration for you too, if after a few games you decide you want to buy your own guns)
                Brilliant cheers Greg, I'm guessing they only do a couple fo skirmishes etc a month at most? I'm closest to the chipping warden site which does look pretty good.

Comment

Second that r.i.f.t has a very welcoming team and a good group of lads. Also if ur in the rift area (cambridgshire) check out mad dog airsoft again good welcoming team.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by menissan86 View Post
                    Second that r.i.f.t has a very welcoming team and a good group of lads. Also if ur in the rift area (cambridgshire) check out mad dog airsoft again good welcoming team.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
                    Ok thanks for that. Great community here on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by karloscivic View Post
                      Brilliant cheers Greg, I'm guessing they only do a couple of skirmishes etc a month at most? I'm closest to the chipping warden site which does look pretty good.
                      No worries. The Chipping Warden site is their main one, and definitely worth a visit. It's a large wooded area, with derelict buildings, a couple of underground bunkers, and a tower or two. There's a long building in the middle that often becomes the center of the match, so there's a variation between long range gameplay and more close quarters stuff. They also have a nice sheltered area where people set up their gear, so you can wonder around talking to people with ease. I think they normally do two games a month there now, with one of the other Sundays at Cottenham, and the other at their Hampshire site.

Comment

Hi guys im going to try the Chipping Warden site as i need to try different places and thanks

Comment

I am a regular to Rifts Coms site 3. After attending a couple of other nearby sites, I have to say that its the best site for miles around.
                          Hope to see you there soon!
                          My friends call me Hadoken, because Im Down Right Fierce.....

Comment

Hi Rippa do do see what you mean about RIFT i played my first game at the site and its different from my norm site the guys who run it are top notch its a shame i was awful but i had some good laughs at my playing

Comment

Haven't read all of the posts, but if nobody else has said so already - make sure you get a decent pair of boots!
                              A lot of skirmish sites will have rough terrain and it's really not worth rolling your ankle!
                              You can hire guns & equipment to your heart's content until you've decided what you like and what you don't, but you'll want a good pair of boots with sturdy ankle support for it either way! You can pick them up cheap online, or places like sports direct, aldi etc. often sell them around £20-£30, well worth it to avoid a broken ankle!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

karloscivic Find out more about karloscivic
                              Working...
                              X