My beef with airsoft sites.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My beef with airsoft sites.....

70 miles? Damn that's brutal. I've got an outdoors one a 10 minutes away and a CQB 30 minutes away.

Comment

Yeah I have a couple of sites fairly close by but I like to travel around and try new sites as often as I can.

Comment

I get all the comments about site access, approach roads and parking, but having had a bot of experience in setting up and running sites, I'm mindful of the difficulties site operators have in finding places to play in the first place. There's only a limited amount of places able, willing and affordable enough to make a commercial airsoft viable. Many sites begin as a group of hobbyists wanting to play more themselves, so acquiring operating skills is a step curve. Add to that the political picture airsoft faces, and it's not surprising many sites are the way they are. Generally, 'survival of the fittest' tends to come into play, with many poor sites closing down.

Comment

Being asked to rock up to a sight for an 8:30 start. Then standing around until 11:30 whilst the operators fart arse around and sort their own admin out.

Comment

I agree with Shizbazki on a lot of the points:

The first and primary thing that pissis me off in Airsoft.
            Poor entrances/roads to the site! We don't all own a 4x4 so why can't you by a bag of sand or something and fill in the potholes so I don't have to drive down something that's more suited to a Jeep Wrangler!

Secondly:
            Elitist marshals who are nothing more then just pricks!
            Who scream at you to move up etc etc, here's an idea F*ck off and let me play how I want to, I'm the one who's playing after all!

Third
            Elitist players, just because you're mates with the marshals, own every bit of camo and a polestar m4 shooting 30rds a second does not mean you have the right to tell me what to do and where to go!

Fourth
            Timing- this really boils my piss!
            Gates open at 8:30... Have to wait till 11 before the game starts!

And lastly the pricing!
            When I started playing at GZ it was £16 walk on, think it's gone up a lot now! Epsom was only £10 for a night game that lasted 4 hours! Now sites are charging in excess of £35 just for walk on fee for 6 hours of play and class that as a full day! I know a lot of sites have rent to pay but when you concider certain sites have far to many players on some occasions they need to justify why they are charging so much!

Comment

Sites that lie about the number of bookings they have so you expect a huge skirmish. Thursday today was supposed to be HUGE. Book now! Only 2 places left they said.

When you get there...less people than you can count on one hand capacity is near 50.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
                Being asked to rock up to a sight for an 8:30 start. Then standing around until 11:30 whilst the operators fart arse around and sort their own admin out.
                This pisses me off no end. If I play anywhere outside London it's inevitably a one-and-a-half-hour or two-hour drive; to get there for 08:15 I have to wake up at 05:45. Having dragged myself out of bed, into a car and arrived 15 minutes early, it's really sodding irritating to then stand around in the safezone for two motherf***ing hours while unexplained problems are resolved at an absolutely glacial pace.

I had this happen the last time I played at Longmoor; having delayed the start of the game by literally two hours they then threw us out within ten minutes of the last game ending! The predictable result of which was having to find the first empty road to pull over so I could put everything back in its box rather than have it rolling around on the back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                  then threw us out within ten minutes of the last game ending! The predictable result of which was having to find the first empty road to pull over so I could put everything back in its box rather than have it rolling around on the back seat.
                  Ah yes, I'm glad this isn't just me then, it's as if people don't realise why I'm annoyed that they want to drive through the country's CAPITAL with RIFs on show through the window of my car instead of neatly packing it all away out of sight.
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

All these points are a pain in the ass, and I've experienced them at a lot of sites, but at the site at which I first played, and still do when time permits, Pathfinder airsoft, just outside Neath Nr Swansea, you book on, via a superbly informative and regularly updated website/forum, you get on site at around 9am, you have a bit of a chat with the lads, then it's, chrono for everyone, safety brief for everyone, description of the game's objectives and on with the game...can't they all do it like this ?
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

McKillmore Just a grown man running around playing with toy guns. Pew pew! Find out more about McKillmore
                    Working...
                    X